2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

engine swap and lift questions i really need answers for please

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 AM
monsterblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default engine swap and lift questions i really need answers for please

i got a 95 4x4 4 door blazer and i got alot of questions i really need answers for before i get the wrong stuff and waste alot of money so please help me

first how much horsepower does by blazer have stock

second whats the easiest way to get a couple inch lift in the front if i do a leaf spring lift in the back

will 31x9.5x15 in bf goodrich mud terrain tires fit on my blazer stock i got 30 in A/T bf goodrich tires and it looks like theres some room but i need to know for sure

and the big question is i wanna do a engine swap from a 4.3 vortec to the 5.7 vortec out of a 97 chevy tahoefirst will it drop right in and what else will i for sure have to change on the truck with it and someone give me a guesstamate on how much they think it will cost around to do it all i can get the engine for about $1,100

i also hear the front end won't last long with that engine whats something i can do to prevent that

and whats cheaper things to get to increase my horsepower

ohya and does that tornado thing really work if put in a k&n air intake

please please someone give me the answers

Old 05-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: engine swap and lift questions i really need answers for please

Many of these questions have been answered in other sections. Don't take this the wrong way, but the search function does work.

The CPI motor is good for 190HP/260lbft.

Easiest way to get a lift in the front is to crank the torsion bar adjuster in. Anything more than 1.5" lift in the front can cause problems with your CV joints and ball joints.

To answer the question about the v8 swap, no, it will not drop right in. The engine controls are going to be a pain for you as the CPI motor injection system currently in your '95 is much different than the '97 5.7L SCFI injection system. If you had a '96, it would be much easier, but still require computer programming, harness adaptation, and all of the other goodies that must be done to complete a v8 swap (check JTR.com for further swap info).

Never really heard that the front end won't last long with a v8, but I guess the added weight could have an impact on ball joint life. You should be able to tighten the torsion bars to accommodate the added weight.

Cheap and HP really don't go hand in hand. It all depends on what you want to accomplish. If you just want a better sounding, marginal performance increase, then a true CAI (sealed from the engine bay) and an exhaust system with headers should fit the bill. If you are looking for more, you could do a custom turbo setup (fuel system will limit you) or a centrifugal supercharger (again, fuel system is limiting). If you do not have a big stereo or lots of auxilliary lighting, then underdrive pulleys will free up (not increase) some added horses at the expense of cooling system, A/C system, and charging system capacities.

Tornado is a gimic. No benefit what so ever!