2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

figure this wet one out...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about
Default figure this wet one out...

ok...my little truck has an issue...and I just want ideas...well unless you know...but I doubt it....I have this little problem where everything I drive my truck in the rain...the whole floor is soaked....mainly in the back under the passanger seats...(mines a 4 door) so wet..it's literaly dripping with water..sometimes ut makes it up into the front seat floor....I make sure nothing is on the floor because of this....I have had people look at it..and no one can figure out where the water is coming up from..it is very perplexing...in the winter it's not so bad because it just freezes...but in the summer...it starts to get mildewy..so I always try to use fans to dry it....any bright ideas as to where the water could be coming from?? or as to how I might find out..it's been a perplexing issue...and I just try and ignore it....thanks!!!! karin

Old 10-24-2005, 09:36 PM
drkmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: figure this wet one out...

check for holes in the floor(crawl under the truck to look, this makes it easier), and check all the window seals on the outside to see if any of the rubber has pulled away. usually rust forms here, and pushes out the rubber molding. A quick temporary fix for this is running a small bead of silicone around the molding

Old 10-25-2005, 12:48 AM
BF Veteran

already checked all the windows and seals...they aren't the best.....but they hold out the water...(took a garden hose to 'em)..as far as crawling under the truck....tried that...it's not the easist...and you realy can't see any holes or gaps...who knows....this one has me...

Old 10-25-2005, 01:21 AM

well, you could always pull up the carpet to check

Old 10-25-2005, 09:10 AM
BF Veteran

that's the ugly monster I have been trying to avoid

Old 10-25-2005, 03:57 PM

I hear ya on that one

Old 10-27-2005, 03:02 PM
stmanser is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like you are gonna have to pull up the carpet... the hole will be easier to fix from the inside with a piece of metal and some sealer and a couple screws.... and

if you dont fix the water problem.. it WILL lead to rust... then your car could be a junkyard vehicle a little before its time

Old 10-27-2005, 06:04 PM
BF Veteran

yup...I think that's ultimately what I will have to do....just finding time..at least now I have a garage to work in..just no tools...yet..*sigh* the tribulations of renting....500 miles away from your automechanic dad...thanks all!!

Old 10-30-2005, 12:49 PM
eightyninegt is an unknown quantity at this point

i have heard of the drains under the windshield (by wipers under black grille) getting plugged and that water then goes into the passenger area of the vehicle...i dont know where exactly these are but maybe someone else here does? i think they can just be cleaned with a wire hanger if thats the problem...sounds like it maybe it if this only happens when it rains...just a thought

Old 10-30-2005, 09:20 PM
BF Veteran

hmmm...well there isn't realy any wetness in the front area...it's all on the back seat floor...however last year is was a realy wet fall and it saturated to the front....the plug thing seems worth checking out...
karin

Quick Reply: figure this wet one out...