2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Flasher clicking but...........?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
dbossk72 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Flasher clicking but...........?

I have a 1999 Blazer (my wifes) and the problem is the directional flasher constantly is clicking like its on but nothing is flashing. But, when I used the directionals they work fine. WHAT IS GOING ON???? LMAO!!!! It drives us nuts unless we turn up the radio! Please any and all theories are welcome! Thanks

Derek,

Old 05-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hazard switch or the full multifunction switch. There are many topics like this.

Does messing with the hazard button make the clicking stop? If so, you may be able to get away with just replacing the hazard switch.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Default ...no

No just keeps clicking then when I use the directional it works good then shut off the directionals and the clicking continues!

Old 05-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road

That happened in my fiance's '05 Grand AM. She fixed the issue by replacing the car. lol. I have a feeling it may be what swartlkk suggested. Check your fuse to for the turn signal and hazard.

Edit: I found this in a Grand AM forum, but sounds like it's right up your alley. http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showt...clicking+sound

Last edited by EzTec; 05-18-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Default Hummm?

Thanks! I'll try that! Hell, I'll try anything! LOL

Old 05-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road

Good luck. It's worth a shot, right?

Old 05-18-2010, 06:23 PM

Anything is at this point. We where going to trade it in but, we're getting a house instead. So, looks like I have to keep it going for awhile!

Old 05-19-2010, 03:12 AM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

Mine's done this since I bought it, but I seldom hear it anymore (radio is never off) but when my Blazer does it, it sounds like chipmunks fighting. It doesn't just blink it bounces off the walls its weird

Old 05-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Beginning Member
leeroy74 is on a distinguished road

You need to replace the multifunctional switch( turn signal lever). Mine had the same issues for the past year or so. The left brake light was not working although the signal light was functional and my wife got pulled over by the state patrol with just a warning. I replaced the hazard light thinking that would solve the problem but that was a waste of 20 bucks! Ordered the part from autozone for 130 bucks and after three hours since I'm slow got er done! LOL... It's quiet and everything is functional!

Old 05-19-2010, 02:14 PM

That would also explain why I lost both my brake lights and not my 3rd brake light. I just jumped the two lower ones off the 3rd. It all make sense now! Thank you very much!!!!! I now have a project to do!

Quick Reply: Flasher clicking but...........?