2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Flickering interior lights (Updated)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flickering interior lights (Updated)

ok in park when i turn my dome light on it kinda like pulses/flickers. i cant really tell if the dash is doing it too, but its really annoying. any ideas what could cause this? new alternator and new battery just to throw that out there. all connections up top look good, i havent checked for nasty connections under the engine yet.

UPDATE - well started the blazer today to see that my taillights, headlights, and interior dash lights were all strobing kinda. so i guess its getting worse, still with no help from electrical places.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Flickering interior lights

Is it all the lights? Or just the overhead dome? Could a bad ground connection. Blazers tend to have issues with that..

Old 10-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Starting Member

all the lights in the console, which ever i may have on at the time. now you do you mean a bad ground for that console or do you mean in general?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Starting Member

anyone else have any suggestions on this?

Old 11-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree on potential grounding issues.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Starting Member

i was waiting for you to reply, wheredo you think i should start, im not sure where all the grounds are

Old 11-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The grounds you are looking for are located on the inside of the firewall above the parking brake cable. They are not all that easy to get to.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Starting Member

well looks likei have a little project on my hands.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Starting Member

is there a chance you can show me a pic of what i am looking for or a schematic. cuz all my alarm, remote start, and bypass wires are all right there and there is like no room for me, im a bigger guy and its a little hard working my arms in there.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Here is the location...

Quick Reply: Flickering interior lights (Updated)