2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fluids!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 01:34 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Fluids!!!

Ok... So blazer is like 4 days old... but I was starting a check list of must do things... now... what Fluids should I use???
I know that I can flush and replace:

Trans Fluid

Oil

Coolant

Differential Fluid

*edit*
Transfer Case

Washer Fluid*minor*

What do you guys use and recommend?
Depending on the answers I will just edit them in and then hope to have this stickied for new guys like myself

Last edited by wlorton; 08-12-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 AM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

I use mostly gm performance dexron VI but there are like 2 qts of the supertech stuff seems fine in the tranny. Engine oil is relly up to you, I use 5w30 synthetic either mobil 1 or castrol syntec,I dont like the life of the Qstate products. Im going to run the mobil 1 advanced fuel economy 0w30 this winter and see how it works,it has 5w30 specs and 10w30 specs. Coolant I use a 5yr 100k mile coolant cant remember the brand but not sure brand is a giant thing with coolants,I dont use dexcool but dont want this to turn into one of those threads so just do a search for it and you can decide. Both my front and rear differential have 75w90 mobil 1 synthetic,if you 4wd you are missing the transfer case in your list,im using the gm performance autotrak 2. Washer fluid any of the blue stuff basically for me,the rainx kind leaves spots on my windows,I always use the winter blue stuff case some is in there come winter.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

You really should practice your use of the "Search" feature. This has been brought up and discussed many times.

Bottom line is whatever we use generally we will argue to the death with each other about what is better, lol.

So... Lets get to it... my 2 pennies:

generic wallyworld everything! J/K

I use maxlife & rainex.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 PM
BF Veteran

I was hoping to get a straight answer from everyone... like fill it out... and not debating... and yes I did search... everyone seems to use everything and no one uses the same thigns....

Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wlorton
I was hoping to get a straight answer from everyone... like fill it out... and not debating... and yes I did search... everyone seems to use everything and no one uses the same thigns....
Okay, there ya go! You got the answers.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wlorton
thats because there is no "straight" right or wrong answer. everyone uses something different because to them it is the best so filling in your list with one type of fluid for each catagory and saying this is the correct fluid to use isnt very informative IMO. since you did ask what fluids you should use this will turn into a debate because everyone will give you there opinion and then in turn argue or debate why they chose what they did.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

I wasnt trying to be mean or anything, you can see some stuff comming though, lol

anyways...

i think more critical issues are; what fluids are in your truck? if you allready have synthetic in it for instance, your going to want to stick with it. the truck is 5w-30, however if its highmilage you may do somethin diffrent. coolants, you dont really want to mix diffrent kinds. for your wipers most will probably agree on rainex but well all argue about orange vs green, lol, same with coolant. my ride is highmilage and i have used maxlife, i have pushed this oil HARD, and it hasnt let me down yet, but thats just my experience, i know everyone else will say the same thing ( EDIT: about thier own favorite).

oh yah and on your list of to-do's you should add greasing zercs.

hope it helps.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
BF Veteran

THanks...
Tomorrow I am calling the shop that did all the work previously to see if I can get the list of currently used items.. and maybe do a lil googlin to see what I should do

Old 08-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road

Motor oil: Mobile 1 full sythetic 5w30
Tranmission: Castro non sythetic
Differential: Mobile 1
Gas: 89 octane cheveron :P
Thats for my 01 blazer 4.3 2wd 105,***