2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Folding side mirror power switch

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 04:39 AM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road
Default Folding side mirror power switch

Howdy all,
One part of my overhauling of the Beast is the interior equipment.

I already solved an usual problem with master power button for side mirrors - mine had corroded even more, so cleaning of a contact did not work out (the copper track on interlayer via connections was gone). Fixed that and upgraded a blown light bulb with a white LED diode... Thanks again for BF forum fir circuit diagrams

Hopefully there is only one thing left - a not working switch, that folds the side mirrors (just by a glass window in a driver door).
Folding side mirror power switch-20171118_112918.jpg
I've been digging through the internet for the wiring diagram - sadly, all I found that is a rare mod of chevy. I couldn't believe it's a genuine switch - it is so loose so You could pull it out with a fingers :P My first thought was "aha, some of ya trust-me-im-an-engineer activity"

Guys, does any of You have a wiring diagram for that? I suspect it could be the fuse.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:56 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

I have never even seen such a thing; didn't know Blazers ever came with power folding mirrors!

Old 11-18-2017, 05:44 PM

I was not sure about the purpose of the switch at all (no reaction on changing position). Googled, and found a topic with a photo showing exactly same switch in exactly same location on Blazer's door. It was stated that this is a side mirror folding switch. I thought of linking it here - despite I've spend last hour looking for it - I cannot find it over again.

I may bring some photos - I am going to extract the door panel to make some fixes.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

I was going through my electrical schematics (looking for how my RF door switch could be disconnected yet still let the dome-light come on) and found that the the electrically folding side-view mirrors were on the GMC Envoys in 1999.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208
I was going through my electrical schematics (looking for how my RF door switch could be disconnected yet still let the dome-light come on) and found that the the electrically folding side-view mirrors were on the GMC Envoys in 1999.
Surely these were also assembled on some Blazers. I have an EU version (km, kPa, Celsius, etc.) and this switch. Moreover, I also found the switch at wreckers on our polish ebay-like portal with a same description - "folding mirror switch".

I surely will be dismantling the inner left door panel (dunno exactly when, the one I have is all loose) and update the topic with what I've found.
Cheers,
Mike

Old 01-23-2018, 04:05 PM
Waggie14 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem with mine. The switch does absolutely nothing. Did you ever find a fix? I have a feeling it could be the fuse that's gone in mine, but i cannot find a fuse diagram anywhere.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:08 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

I want one.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:10 PM
Waggie14 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rockp2
I want one.
They're nothing special if they don't work

Old 02-14-2018, 01:15 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Any updates on this, Mike.308?

Old 02-14-2018, 02:10 PM

Sorry buddy, not yet. I am going to work on my ride at a spring time (LIM gaskets job is waiting). Nowadays the daylight is too short and my garage is a cold place...
By the way, I have doubts if the switch is truly for folding, as I found on the Internet. I have a feeling it's for mirror heating. Anyway, will find out a spring time.

Quick Reply: Folding side mirror power switch