2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

fuel cell/gas tank ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 AM
kaotiklows is on a distinguished road
Default fuel cell/gas tank ?

lookin in to relocating my gas tank on a 4 door 98 blazer and was wanting a lil insight in to a way to go about this. i kno u can use a 2doorblazer gas tank since their located behind the rear axleand above the frame rails as oppose to where mine is located on my 4 door.(thus meaning it hangs 2 low. gona end up dragin through it), but i have been told you have to delete alot of things off the tank and out the ecu(something bout the emissions or somethings different)..or if i could find a fuel cell that will let my factory fuel pump and work in side it in stead of having to run a aftermarket fuel pump, but have found nothing to help me in this justa abuncha dead ends..so thanx for the help and info ahead of time

Last edited by kaotiklows; 08-08-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

PLEASE for the old guys like me....use all the keys on the keyboard! I dont text so your post is extremely hard to read.

Why are you trying to relocate the tank? I do not believe the 2-door tank will fit by the way.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I don't think its possible to relocate the tank . also kristoph is right your post is hard to read.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Anything can be done with enough motivation/money/experience/etc... Not really sure what the motivation would be for moving the tank, but keeping the factory sending unit...or for that matter just moving the tank. Is there a reason you want to move it? If so, what is the reason? Maybe there is another way to accomplish the preceding task.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:29 PM
kaotiklows is on a distinguished road

im build low riders but mostly everything i build is trucks and most are earlier than the 90s..and i jus really dont like messing with the newer stuff but im tired of where my 98 4 door s10 blazer sits stance wise.. so im finna put the rockers on the ground..and only problem i have is the tank and where it sits under the blazer..other possibility is sectioning the tank down a inch..but the 2 door gas tank sits where the spare tire sits on the 4 doors or well the 2nd gens i know..cant remember off hand boutthe square bodys.......ps sorry bout the post and the short hand