2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fuel Pump Problem with New Pump (Is it the pump?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 04:36 PM
BouncingRadical is on a distinguished road

Yes, I still have the original spider and fuel regulator. Unfortunately I was unable to work on it last weekend. I hope the car will continue to run for a bit before I can make it back down to Louisiana.

Next I get a chance a pressure gauge is next on the list. From the last time I was in it, I fear the pressure is low. Won't find out till I get started though.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:54 PM
BouncingRadical is on a distinguished road

Long time since I updated, the car is still going and fuel economy is way up with the new pump! Have been working with the rough idle problem and found a thread with the exact problem I was having. As with his, it only occurs at hot idle, when it first starts, it idles great. Also same as his, idles right above 500 RPM as it gets warm, and as the RPM takes it's little dives so does the oil pressure. Turning off the AC reduces the severity of the symptoms.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...shake+hot+idle

However I did have a code for the EGR, I pulled it, cleaned it and put a new gasket on it. You can see on the old gasket where there was some blowby.
Name:  1fJhjl.jpg
Views: 2345
Size:  46.7 KB
Cleaned the MAS, TB, and IAC valve.Here is a picture of the IAC to illustrate how dirty it and the TB was.
Name:  q14kpl.jpg
Views: 2347
Size:  47.5 KB

The is check engine light is gone but the problem remains. It makes quite a click whenever the RPM dives I took a video but you can't hear it.
I was informed that once you check the code you have to drive ~50 miles for the computer to rescan, maybe it will come back then.

I have not put a pressure gauge on my fuel yet, because as I was about to purchase it I got into a discussion about my situation. After some tinkering and checking the code with a couple of guys, I ended up going the route I went. I plan on changing the EGR and IAC whenever I get some extra scratch. The car runs fantastic as long as it is not idling. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this situation other than the above post, which ended without resolution. Also am I doing the engine undue harm, or can it go a little longer till I can get the EGR and IAC?

Old 11-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BouncingRadical
Yeah I put on a new filter, and put on the wire harness that came from the new pump and threw the Airtex harness away just to be sure.

Tune up is next on the list when I am in town.
What area of louisiana do you live in?I just happened to see that you where heading back to La on this tread/

Old 11-26-2015, 08:28 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Please watch the date on threads that you respond to, especially when off subject. This one has been inactive for over 5 years. Thanks.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Like captain said, pay attention to thread date.

This thread is now closed.