2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Check engine codes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 06:02 PM
Kook is on a distinguished road
Default Check engine codes.

99 blazer 4x4 155K. Check engine light came on today, went to auto parts store to get them to pull the codes for me. Got B0222, B0225, B0226, B0265, and B0281. They couldn't tell me what they meant. looking for help (either what these codes are for or a resource where I can find the answers). I can't find any info on these codes other than they involve ABS.
I do have a bad left wheel hub that I haven't yet replaced. Wondering if this could be the source of the ABS codes.
I also got a misfire code, but it didn't designate a cylinder. This one doesn't bother me as much, I have been getting these as long as I've owned the truck even though I've replaced the plugs, wires, and distributor cap.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

B codes are for the BCM I THINK.....someone with a good scanner (not the crappy auto store ones) can read them.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure that the codes started with a 'B'? None of my references have anything with those numbers starting with a 'B', but do have them all in the 'C'.

C0222 - RF Wheel Speed Signal Missing
C0225 - LF Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open
C0226 - LF Wheel Speed Signal Missing
C0265/C0266 - EBCM Motor Relay Circuit
C0281 - Stop Lamp Switch Circuit

Sounds like you have issues with the front speed sensor wires and potentially the wiring to the EBCM (electronic brake control module).

Old 08-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

^^ He with more knowledge than I have arrivethed

Old 09-01-2011, 07:46 AM

Thanks for the quick response.

This is exactly how the codes came up on the scanner. Its not beyond the realm of possibility that this guy was using the scanner improperly.

Thanks, I'll let you guys know what I find.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the generic OBD2 scanners mis-report the non-PCM related codes. I have seen Autozone scanners kick out a Bxxxx code when it should have been a Cxxxx code.

Is your ABS light on?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:11 AM

My ABS light came on about 2 weeks ago when I started it up, I was going to swing buy my mechanic to have him check it out, but it went off before I made it to the end of my street & I haven't seen it again.

Just a thought, You think its possible that its the EBCM that's bad? Could that explain why I'm getting the various codes?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Administrator

It's possible, but you need to diagnose the problem(s) before jumping to conclusions.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just found out I'm having the same problem now that my service engine light is on. I went to Autozone and they gave me the "B" codes as well. (B0221, B0223, B0222, B0225, B0227, B0226) Now I got a little explanation that it's the speed sensors~signal missing, speed sensor erratic.. that kinda thing. Is it safe to assume that I should just switch out the "B" with a "C" and assume it is the speed sensors that are bad?

Old 09-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Administrator

I would recommend testing the wiring & sensors. The wiring information found in the C0265/C0266 link I provided above along with the information about the sensors found in the slow speed abs activation tech article give you all of the details to get it all tested. If all of the sensors & wiring checks out, that leaves the EBCM as the cause of the problem.

Since there were two different ABS systems used in the 99+ trucks, check out ModuleMaster.com for pictures of each to determine which you have.

Quick Reply: Check engine codes.