2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Full Pump wiring/fuses and EGR Valve Wiring/Fuses

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Beginning Member
nineteensixtycaddy is on a distinguished road
Default Full Pump wiring/fuses and EGR Valve Wiring/Fuses

I have checked the fuses in the drivers door panel and all are good. There are two relays in the glove box I am not sure if they are good or bad how do I test them? Where are other fuses that are for the fuel pump and EGR Valve?

I am in the middle of solving my EGR problem and now my fuel pump has quit working. So I need to fix both of these problems.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The relays should have a diagram on them. If they don't, but do have the terminal numbers, you can check out the relay section of the12volt.com for identification of the terminals. You can test the relays with a multimeter and a 12V battery to power it.

To diagnose a fuel pump problem where the pump is not running, you first have to determine if there is power getting back to the pump. If there isn't, then the fuse, relay, and/or wiring is at fault. If power is getting back there, then the pump is bad. If you have skinny arms, you may be able to disconnect the fuel pump wiring to test at the pump.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Beginning Member
nineteensixtycaddy is on a distinguished road
Default ignition wiring / fuel pump?

somebody recently told me that the ignition wiring, on the 95 and a few other newer years, has several wires, one in particular running to the fuel pump, that often short or break, and that replacing the ignition switch and wiring, can fix the fuel pump problem. I thought it was bogus, but then nocked on the steering column with the key in "run" and heard the fuel pump run!!! So... fuel pump is good!!! gotta take it apart and check the wiring, or replace the ignition switch now. ($110 plus... bummer)

But.. that still doesnt' fix my EGR problem, or trans leak.

gotta post photos of my "new" roadside bumper, and big rig turn signals, and fishin pole holder. Looking pretty good lately!!!