2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

G80 Differential not listed on RPO

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Beginning Member
Calgary ZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G80 Differential not listed on RPO

Hi
I would like to change my diff., oil however I can not be sure if the diff., is locking or not. My sales sheets and original window sticker from the dealership does indicate a locking G80 diff., associated to the VIN #. However my RPO does not label a G80 at all. I have e-mailed GM with my VIN # to find out and they have not answered back. Is there a way know for sure by just looking at the cover?

Thanks again.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:50 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: G80 Differential not listed on RPO

ORIGINAL: Calgary ZR2

...My sales sheets and original window sticker from the dealership does indicate a locking G80 diff., associated to the VIN #...
Is it the window sticker from the originalChevrolet dealer, or a sticker from a secondary used car dealer. If the latter, don't trust it, because these can beprinted to say whatever they want it to say. If the RPO code sheet inside the glove box door does not say G80, I doubt that you have it. Take the VIN to the parts counter at a Chevy dealer and they can tell you whether it came with it or not.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Starting Member
YepIOwnA97Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

get outside on some snow and punch it

Old 02-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Beginning Member

The window sticker is from the GM dealer. I bought her brand new. Even the price breakdown has it listed as an extra.
In the snow and mud it feels good and has not problems going through and out of situations.
Is it possible since the RPO has "ZR2" in the list it is assumed to have a G80?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

If it's a ZR2, it SHOULD have the G80...

Is it a 4x4 ZR2?

ORIGINAL: YepIOwnA97Blazer

Not gonna do anything if both tires are on snow... If both tires have no traction, BOTH are going to spin, even with an open diff.

Put one tire on dry pavement and one on ice and see what happens, lol.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:31 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: drperry

Is it a 4x4 ZR2?

Not gonna do anything if both tires are on snow... If both tires have no traction, BOTH are going to spin, even with an open diff.

was it even possible to have a 2wd zr2? kinda defeats the purpose of the zr2 package i think

Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was possible to get the ZR2 package on a 2wd truck!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

i would say if its not listed then you don't have it, zr2 is the rpo code for the suspension package.

here is a list of all rpo codes for those that need it.
http://www.c2e.info/rpocodes/

maybe this site should get put into a sticky

What is a RPO ZR2? [/align] 2000 S10 ZR2[/align] [/align] [/align] The following factory-installed features are what made the ZR2 standout from other 4x4 trucks offered in the S-Series class. [ul][*]Ladder Type Frame with Modified Mounting Points[*]100mm wider track (3.9 inches wider than regular S-10)[*]Increased Ground Clearance (Approx 3" over Regular S-Series 4x4)[*]Enhanced front (7.25" ring gear) and rear (8.5" ring gear) axles w/ 3.73:1 rear-axle ratio[*]Larger wheel and axle bearings[*]31 x 10.50" BFG A/T Tires (Pickup), 31 x 10.50" BFG Longtrails (Blazer)[*]Fender Flares [ul][*]Spectra Gray on the Chevrolet Models, despite body color. Body color on all GMC Models.[/ul][*]46mm gas pressurized Bilstein Monotube shocks[*]Rear Track Bar (Pickup), Front Anti-Sway Bar (Blazer)[*]Skid Plates [1][*]Front/Rear Disc brakes (1998-2005) , Disc/Drum brakes (1994-1997)[*]Full Size Spare Tire[/ul]

Old 02-05-2008, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

ORIGINAL: drperry

Is it a 4x4 ZR2?

was it even possible to have a 2wd zr2? kinda defeats the purpose of the zr2 package i think

You can get 2wd Z71 packages

Some people like the wider stance and extra height of the ZR2... In 2wd you could probably make it a decent pre-runner...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Beginning Member

GM has just clarified that my 4X4 ZR2 does have a G80.
I then asked them since it is not listed on the RPO how can I be sure, and is it listed anywhere else.
The response I received is :

" In response to your e-mail, your request for information on your 2001 Chevrolet Blazer can be processed through our Vintage Vehicle Services department. This information is provided on a research basis and includes all available data, such as option content, selling dealer, original paint and trim, production/shipping dates, production plant, engine number, quantities of the model produced/sold in Canada, and copies of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers specifications or sales data, as available. The availability of this information may directly relate to the vehicle's age.
If you are interested in a vintage package, you are welcome to call 1-888-467-6853. There is a fee for this service."

Do you know of any other indication I could look for without ordering a Vintage Package?

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: G80 Differential not listed on RPO