2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Hazard switch not working, but brake lights and turn signals are.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Beginning Member
radiorara is on a distinguished road
Default Hazard switch not working, but brake lights and turn signals are.

I have 96 4wd 4 door blazer. When I press my Hazard switch nothing happens. Before I go and replace the hazard switch, how can I rule out that it's not something else, like an electrical problem, etc. Thanks.

Last edited by radiorara; 04-14-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Beginning Member

anybody?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:45 AM
janddcunningham is on a distinguished road

I have the exact same problem I am not sure but I also do not have break lights all the time either. I was told my break light prob was due to my turn signal switch going bad I am thinking that could also be the root cause to my hazard lights as well not sure but I will ask the mechanic that has my blazer right now working on it. I can let you know he says

Old 04-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hazard relay?

Please be patient and wait for responses. Rules are rules.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you cunningham, and sorry swart, ill try to be more patient lol.

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Hazard relay?

Please be patient and wait for responses. Rules are rules.
Also swart, I thought the brake lights and turn signals were on the same relay as the hazard, is it possible for just the hazard not to work, I've had no problems with the other two. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm an amateur with this kind of stuff. Thanks

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-14-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I should have said flasher. There is a flasher for the turn signals and a separate one for the hazards. Well... I guess that depends on what you are working on... From past posts, I can see that you have a '96, but it would be nice to not have to dig for that information.

I'm not trying to be hard on you, just doing my job. Please try to edit your post rather than posting again right away with another question.

Attached Thumbnails Hazard switch not working, but brake lights and turn signals are.-96_ext_lighting_sch.gif  
Old 04-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I should have said flasher. There is a flasher for the turn signals and a separate one for the hazards. Well... I guess that depends on what you are working on... From past posts, I can see that you have a '96, but it would be nice to not have to dig for that information.

I'm not trying to be hard on you, just doing my job. Please try to edit your post rather than posting again right away with another question.

I understand, thanks.