Headlight washers - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation s-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:51 PM

Mike.308 is on a distinguished road
Default Headlight washers

Howdy,
Its been nearly two weeks since I bought my "beast". Last days I am busy checking all the things & doing all the fixes - in general the chevy blazer parts in Poland are easy to get and relatively inexpensive. However, there is an exception - the headlight washers. They are optionally mounted in the front bumper, right under the headlights. As far as I understand from this thread:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...nozzles-53237/
the blazers on US market come without them and they're mounted for non US versions. I don't really understand why, as they are quite handy gadgets for off-roaders - You could wash off the dirt and get the vision back without stepping out of your car into a mud... Anyway, I've been checking the market nearly everywhere. All I found is a:
- right side one for $50 (of unknown condition as it is a junkyard offer) and
- a complete bumper... well almost complete, having one of the washers for $120 (also a junkyard offer)
That made me understand why they are probably gone. If the used one costs about $50 it is a fast profit to the theft. Who wouldn't like to get $100 in 30 seconds?
I would be grateful if somebody could point me a direction where I could get them from. Not a problem if I'd have to pay some bucks for international shipping.
I am considering doing a 3D print of them.. The beast looks so ugly with a two dark holes in a front bumper...
Cheers, Mike
Old 11-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Starting Member

christine_208 is on a distinguished road

Wow, I had no idea they had these. Now I want them for my truck! Have you looked at other Chevrolet vehicles that might have used them. Sometimes the same component is used on multiple models.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:21 PM
Starting Member

I looked on eBay and found this:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Headlight-Wa...9WwS7S&vxp=mtr

I also found the the Trailblazers from the 2000's had these.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:49 AM

Thanks for Your prompt reply Christine,
They seem to be a replacement and are not even close to the original ones. Unfortunately, the car selector reverts with "This part is not compatible with 2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT Sport Utility 4-Door 4.3L 262Cu. In. V6 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated". I have attached the picture from our national "ebay" portal (SPRYSKIWACZ LAMPY PRZÓD CHEVROLET BLAZER (6995747041) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.)

Cheers, Mike
EDIT: The genuine ones are to be mounted in the dedicated sockets (as on the attached picture) in a bumper. These from ebay look like You just drill the holes through the bumper, put them through and tie with a nut.
Attached Thumbnails
Headlight washers-sprinklery.jpg  

Last edited by Mike.308; 11-14-2017 at 04:09 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.308 View Post
Thanks for Your prompt reply Christine,
They seem to be a replacement and are not even close to the original ones. Unfortunately, the car selector reverts with "This part is not compatible with 2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT Sport Utility 4-Door 4.3L 262Cu. In. V6 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated". I have attached the picture from our national "ebay" portal (SPRYSKIWACZ LAMPY PRZÓD CHEVROLET BLAZER (6995747041) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.)

Cheers, Mike
EDIT: The genuine ones are to be mounted in the dedicated sockets (as on the attached picture) in a bumper. These from ebay look like You just drill the holes through the bumper, put them through and tie with a nut.
Yes I see. Keep us posted on your search. I'm sure others would like to do this modification to their Blazers too!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Starting Member

Strangerock is on a distinguished road

Well I never .....but I'm gonna watch for them now at the wreckers just in case they were available in canada.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:15 AM

Howdy,
I have a good news and a bad news. I have a reply from one of our dealers in Poland that he located the part - that's the good news. Now the bad news (I mean it) - these washers are not sold separately. Not even in pairs. They come all together with a supply/support bar as a set for only ... $650. Well, for now I am pretty sure they were stolen by someone who was aware of their value. And - even if I manage to get them - they would be probably gone pretty fast over again. For the moment I see two reasonable options:
- 3D print them
- for the $650 get a custom, steel off road bumper that would have not only the headlight washers, but slots for hi lift jack and many more...
As for the moment I am overhauling drivetrain & brake systems, so there is still a time to see if somebody comes here with another solution before I get back to the body & washers.
Cheers, Mike
Old 11-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Starting Member

Mike,

Wow, that is a pretty steep price. Keep us posted as you work towards a solution for these I as I think others would like to add this feature to their Blazers.

Might you look at retrofitting the same system from a related vehicle?

Keep us posted on your other modifications.

I bet your Blazer gets lots of looks over there in Poland!
Old 11-16-2017, 03:45 PM

Christine,
I have another bad news. A custom made off-road bumpers or modifications (like winches etc.) are not certified by the producer. That makes a serious problems with passing mandatory annual inspection[1].

Cheers,
Mike

[1] That applies to EU territory.