2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Headlights not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:29 AM
DevizesChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Headlights not working properly

Hi All

I have a Chevy S10 Blazer and the other night while driving home my headlights stopped working! Highbeam was ok so I had to finish my journey with those on, luckily I was only a mile from my house so I only annoyed a couple of drivers..[&:]

The sidelights still work ok, but this morningI was going to check the fuses but I can't understand some of the abbreviations on the fuse layout diagram, so finding the headlight fuse is a bit tricky!

Though I'm now wondering if it is the fuse, as I turned the headlights on again and they came on after a second of flickering, now they're not working again.. I'm praying that it's not the switch that's faulty as parts are a bit more difficult to come by over here in the UK...

If anyone can point me in the right direction, either the fuse layout or even if it's possibly the switch that's faulty then I'd be real grateful!

Old 10-15-2007, 04:09 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Headlights not working properly

bulbs look at your bulbs to see if theyare old and look burnt up.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the bulbs were burnt out, they wouldn't have come back on... Sounds like you may have a bad connection somewhere in the wiring harness. But more likely, it is a problem in the multifunction switch in the steering column.

We need to know what year it is you've got there so we can point you in the right direction on the fuse thing. From the looks of your avatar pic, you've got a 98+. The fuse for the headlamps should affect both high and low beams.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:35 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

i missed that part swartlkk after rereading it again it does sound like a switch issue.devizeschris if you have a problem finding parts let us know and maybe we can help you out aquiring parts

Old 10-15-2007, 02:54 PM
DevizesChris is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, so I found the fuses and relay after a bit of trial and error, the fuses are ok, and after jiggling the relay about a bit to make sure it was seated properly all seems well again, the lights come on and stay on with no issues - so far. I'll keep checking them to make sure I don't go out without headlights, but all seems well so far.

For the record it's a 2000 Blazer - and I'll know where to come now if I do end up needing parts.

Thanks for the replies!