2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help! 5 digit code lost

Old 12-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Beginning Member
not_only is on a distinguished road

but the only way to program the new european remote is to enter those 5 digits using the fog light switch in the dashboard. The bypass module will not work for Luca as it needs to see a rpm-signal (=motor running) to be programmed.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Beginning Member

Hi there , the guy from UK answered that he never solved the problem . Meanwhile he sold the truck due to other problems.
Today I telephoned to Chevy Europe and they promised to call me back. IŽll keep you informed.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:30 AM
luketherocker is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much.
I bought my Blazer used and no sticker with 5 digit code was inside the glove box.
Local dealer told me that probably this sticker never had been stuck inside my Blazer.
I cannot believe that, since it is so important, does not exist a database with correspondance between VIN and 5 digit code.
Anyway thanks a lot to you all guys for trying to help me in solving this problem.
Hope to hear good news soon.
Luca

Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Beginning Member
Smile good news from Germany

Hi there, Chevy Europe called me by phone and told me what to do. Please visit http://www.cadillaceurope.com , at the right bottom click "local licensee". There you will find a list of licensed US-Chevrolet Dealers in your country which have to help you and which do not drop down dead because of having a problem with an US-Truck. I called a licensed dealer in Germany, sent the the car certificate by fax and he promised to get the code within 2 days. I will report the result.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:04 AM

I contacted my local dealer, sent them the car certificate by fax but they told me that they are not able to find any 5 digit code with it. I'm really disappointed with them. Now my hope is that maybe your dealer will be able with my car certificate, to find my code also.
Thanks again for your help.
Luca

Old 12-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Beginning Member
Default still got no answer

Hi, still got no answer from Chevy today, will wait until tomorrow. The guys at Chevy Europe told me the code usually is printed on the car pass?!? (which I donŽt have).

Old 12-10-2009, 08:08 AM

Car pass? I don't have it and I don't know what is it.
Hope that Chevy Europe will tell you something useful.
Luca

Old 12-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Beginning Member
Default Chevy Europe - Official Answer

Hi , today the regional Chevy Dealer from Hannover/Germany called me by phone. The 5 digit code is not listed in a database. The code is stored in the BCM (body control module) an can be found with the Tech II. Most Daewoo-Chevy dealers do not know this. Search for an US-lizensed Chevy dealer next to you and let the Tech II do the job. Mine is about 150 km away and IŽll visit him in the next few weeks . Please tell us if you are successful.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Beginning Member
Smile European Passlock system ,mystical 5 digit code

To finish the discussions about problems with european immobilizers: There are basical differences in the american and european Passlock systems.
The european cars have to be openened with the fob, only then the immo is inactive for two minutes.
If you lost the fob , there is a five digit code that comes with every new car, this code can be entered with the fog light switch and allows to start the car within two minutes.
If you have no working fob and no 5 digit code, you have to visite a GM-licensed dealer in Europe. The code is stored in the BCM and can be read by Tech 2 scanner and a special GM-Software.
You need those mystical 5 digits to train new fobs.

Those european fobs caused some of my grey hairs but now I have 4 working fobs and the 5 digits... best wishes from the snowy Germany....

Old 03-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Default Finally problem is solved!

I'm very happy, because the problem with the 5 digit code is solved at last!

I found a dealer able to find the code with TECH II and the right GM Software.

Now I have four working FOBS and most of all the 5 digit code well impressed on my mind.

I wish to thank all you guys (Axel from Germany in a special way) for your help in this matter.

This is a great forum and I hope to give my help to someone who may need it in future.

All the best!!

Luca

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! 5 digit code lost