2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help!! Beautiful blazer needs a hero!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
blazertitan918 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help!! Beautiful blazer needs a hero!!!!!

Hello everyone,I have a 1995 chevrolet blazer with the cmfi fuel injection system.Ill start slow so hopefully someone has an answer.by the way side note I put a remanufactured engine in about a year ago and it has about 11k miles.Anyways it ran great until about november of last year,it started to surge on the highway and i thought no big,my oil was clean no service engine codes or anything,and it eventually went away.well one morning i go to start my blazer and it wont start,and acts as if its not getitng gas,so I do a full tuneup,plugs,oil,timing belt,all the basic tuneup and maintenance and still nothing,new ignition coil,still no fix,So i put a new fuel pump in and voila,Notice the old fuel pump has a decent pressure rating which was even more confusing.

Now heres the fun part!After about 3 days of being its usual powerhouse self it starts choking and gagging so to speak in idle.horrible horrible power loss,bad gas smell and my fuel efficiency dropped to about 7mpg.So i think ok whats going? on maybe a sensor,check all of them,all good,fuel filter was new with tuneup,new exhaust pipes as well.and the injectors are same age as the engine, also the 02 sensor is about a month old.

Basically Heres my biggest problem or at least what i think is wrong."i think not sure' ,Anyways I noticed a slight knock and a misfire,so i pull the number 2 plug and number 4 plug. plug 2 is fouled to high heaven with gas. Number 4 plug was slightly fouled. I replaced it and it hasnt fouled since.I have to replace number 2 about every 4 days to keep my engine running and then it fouls out again,I am curious if maybe my pressure regulator is causing this but then i thought that it would cause this problem throughout all cylinders not just one?

Anyways I dont have alot of money to throw at it and worse my oil is now mixing with gas."dipstick smells of gas" and im completely out of ideas,my map and idle air control are both fine,i am just at a complete loss,I know this engine inside and out and am 100 percent clueless as to what is causing it,I love my blazer and wish to fix it but i have no starting point,my pressure up to the injectors is perfect as pertained to the factory specs,so any ideas? anything at all would be greatly appreciated? Thanks for your time!
p.s.hope my edit helps,i have good grammar skills im just a tad sleepy and ready for someone to give me a helpful answer! thanks admins for not deleting my post

Last edited by blazertitan918; 02-08-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling
Old 02-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blazertitan918
Hello everyone,I have a 1995 chevrolet blazer with the cmfi fuel injection system.Ill start slow so hopefully someone has an answer.by the way side note I put a remanufactured engine in about a year ago and it has about 11k miles.Anyways it ran great until about november of last year,it started to surge on the highway and i thought no big,my oil was clean no service engine codes or anything,and it eventually went away.well one morning i go to start my blazer and it wont start,and acts as if its not getitng gas,so I do a full tuneup,plugs,oil,timing belt,distributor,cap,and even the ignition coil.No fix there.So i test my fuel pump,it tests a little below factory spec so i relpace it and voila.Now heres the fun part.After about 3 days of being its usual powerhouse self it starts choking and gagging so to speak in idle.horrible horrible power loss,bad gas smell and my fuel efficiency dropped to about 7mpg.So i think ok whats going on maybe a sensor,check all of them,all good,fuel filter was new with tuneup,new exhaust pipes as well.and the injectors are same age as the engine, also the 02 sensor is about a month old.Basically Heres my biggest problem or at least what i think is wrong."i think not sure' ,Anyways I noticed a slight knock and a misfire,so i pull number 2 and number 4 plugs,2 is fouled to high heaven with gas,4 was slightly fouled i replaced it and it hasnt fouled since.I have to replace number 2 about every 4 days to keep my engine running and then it fouls out again,I am curious if maybe my pressure regulator is causing this but then i thought that it would cause this problem throughout all cylinders not just one?anyways I dont have alot of money to throw at it and worse my oil is now mixing with gas."dipstick smells of gas" and im completely out of ideas,my map and idle air control are both fine,i am just at a complete loss,I know this engine inside and out and am 100 percent clueless as to what is causing it,I love my blazer and wish to fix it but i have no starting point,my pressure up to the injectors is perfect as pertained to the factory specs,so any ideas? anything at all would be greatly appreciated? Thanks for your time!

For starters, please read through the Spelling, Punctuation, & Grammar post and then go back and edit your post. It is excruciating to read. Spaces, paragraphs, PLEASE!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
For starters, please read through the Spelling, Punctuation, & Grammar post and then go back and edit your post. It is excruciating to read. Spaces, paragraphs, PLEASE!
^^^^ x2 it makes it very challenging to pick out the important facts so that we can help you

Old 02-08-2010, 11:02 AM
blazertitan918 is on a distinguished road
Old 02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
joeycj5 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like the fuel pressure regulator. It will flood the passenger side cylinders and cause flooding (misfires), or fouling, or it may be the Plastic fuel lines feeding the Spider, that will usually flood the driver side cylinders. You can just replace the FPR, if that is your problem.