2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help me

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you replace the O2 sensor? Did you actually diagnose the problem or just try throwing parts at it? If you just throw parts at it, it's a sure fire way to get frustrated.

Are there any exhaust leaks? Vacuum leaks? What do the plugs look like? Do they show a lean condition or a rich condition? I know I have asked all of these questions already...

As far as putting a carb on it goes, have at it, but don't expect the rest of the truck to get along without all of the inputs/controls that it has with the stock setup.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:27 PM
jigger is on a distinguished road

Maybe a back pressure problem in the exhaust-plugged cat?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:00 PM
thir13en is on a distinguished road

I replaced the o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. Thats what the code said. It was the only code that it gave. The plugs show its running lean.

I cant find any vacuum leaks. I think there might be a small exhaust leak but wouldnt that make it run rich?

Last edited by swartlkk; 03-28-2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use the EDIT feature to add information to your post if another member has yet to reply.