2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help needed! Where to put the vacuum hose?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:09 AM
fahli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed! Where to put the vacuum hose?

Blazer S10 , 2001 , 4WD

Hello from good old Germany!

Today I wanted to check the connectors at the ABS controll unit. But what I found was a broken vacuumhose (I think it is a vac hose) between the ABS-unit and the motor for cruise control (see also attached pic). The hose comes from behind the motor and is broken (A) in front of the T-connector (B) (OK - no problem ti fix). But behind this T-connector, the rest of the hose (maybe 7 inces) lay just open and I canīt find anything to put it on (D).

Sorry for my poor english, but I made a pic to show you.

Does someone know where to plug the end (D) of this hose???

CU
Andreas

Attached Thumbnails Help needed! Where to put the vacuum hose?-tube-%5B1280x768%5D.jpg  
Old 02-26-2011, 12:20 PM
gregl316 is on a distinguished road
Default hose

is there a round ball attached to the underside of your hood? does it have a vacuum line going to it? That looks like the one to me.
I hope I helped if not there are several diagrams in here maybe some one could help you find one.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Beginning Member
keego is on a distinguished road

Yes. This hose plugs into a fitting coming out of the body steel behind and beneath the ABS actuator. It's kinda hard to get to but with a new piece of hose, cut slightly longer than needed should help you get it on. Stick your fingers down in there and you'll feel the fitting. (pretty stupid place to put it if you ask me).

Old 02-27-2011, 06:08 AM

Hi Keego : Sounds good and logical, also because of the length of the remaining old hose. But I canīt find the fitting!!! Maybe you can make a mark on the attached pic and send it back to me?

Many thanks in advance
Andreas

Attached Thumbnails Help needed! Where to put the vacuum hose?-tube1-002-%5B800x600%5D.jpg  
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

inside the fender, near the ABS module. Jerry-feel it there and you'll feel the nipple the hose goes on-that is, unless someone replaced the fender and forgot to transfer this vacuum reserve over.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Beginning Member

Here, I uploaded my own pic. In your pic the fitting is under the lip at top center of photo.

Attached Thumbnails Help needed! Where to put the vacuum hose?-vacuumfitting.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 11:12 AM

Hi Keego. At least I found it ! But what is it good for ??

Thanks a lot for your help !!
(And there is a beer waiting for you in my fridge!)

Old 02-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by fahli
Hi Keego. At least I found it ! But what is it good for ??

Thanks a lot for your help !!
(And there is a beer waiting for you in my fridge!)
Inside the fender is a vacuum reserve module. I don't really know a lot about it but it's been discussed here a lot. When mine came off I couldn't engage 4 wheel drive, hi or lo. The 3 or 4 button switch on your dash works by vacuum and this is apparently a common problem. I replaced most of my hoses in hopes of getting heat back to the floor, (supposedly these lines also control the dampers), but I still haven't got that resolved. Glad I could help. Oh, and I Love Beer! Just don't think I'll be over to Germany anytime soon. Thanks anyway.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:08 AM

So 4Wd isnīt working without this?

That is one of the problems I have:
Pushing the buttons on the dash
2HI - OK no problem
4HI - Its cklicking under the right side of the dash, but the light is flashing and no 4WD
4LO - Its cklicking under the right side of the dash, I feel the actuator working, but the light is flashing and no 4WD but LO

CU
Andreas

Old 03-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The front axle will not lock in if the vacuum system on the truck has a leak.

Have you looked at either of these threads?
Common 4x4 Problems
96+ NV233 Diagnosis

You can pull the codes (provided you do not have an Auto4wd button) using a paperclip and watching the 4wd switch lights.

After you pull the codes, pull the switch and inspect the electrical connection on the back. Also pull the TCCM connector (TCCM is located behind the passenger side kick panel) and inspect it. It wouldn't hurt to pull the connection on the encoder motor (on transfer case) and have a look there as well.