2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

HELPPP!!! my tail lights and interior lights just went out!!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:06 PM
cdp1250 is on a distinguished road
Default HELPPP!!! my tail lights and interior lights just went out!!! HELP!!

on my way to the bar last night, start my car, and start driving down the road, and within 100 yards from my house my interior lights shut off. i turn the radio down, and my car is still running..

-my radio still works
-my guages still works
-my dome lights still work
-manual control of my headlights still work
-tail lights DO NOT work
-brake lights/turn signals work
-NO BLOWN fuses.

what the helll could it be? i was thinking possibly the headlight switch?

btw the vehicle is a 2000 blazer

Old 02-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

check all your grounds, it should have blown a fuse though, yea switch could be bad to. check to see if you have continuity through it.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:24 PM

a ground just wouldnt of come loose i dont think, for it to happen as soon as i go down my street. i hadnt drove the car for a few days, so im wondering with the 17* weather the car has sat in for a few days, if the power just blew the switch,,

Old 02-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Beginning Member
evlblkwpnz is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it might sound strange, but have you used your parking brake lately? Sometimes when I release my P brake it doesn't quite go all the way up and it disables the auto turn on headlight feature. Have you used your hazard lights lately? Sometimes, especially when the button is broken off, the hazard light switch will fubar your lights. It is probably the headlight switch like the previous poster said.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do the front marker lights work when you turn on the headlights? Or is it all of the parking lights as well as the dash?

Have you popped off the trim cover on the driver side of the dash to check the IP fuse block? There is a second CTSY fuse in there that powers the dash lights, door switch illumination, radio illumination, etc.

But I would swap in a new fuse for the PARK LP fuse in the underhood box just to be sure that didn't take out the whole works. If I am reading the schematic properly, that fuse not only powers the park lamps, but is the input for the dimming schematics of the dash/radio/etc.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:43 PM

my headlights work, and so do my blinkers. i did a quick search on google and a lot of people have had the same issue, but never posted what the solution was.

my marker lights work...its just the rear tail lamps, not brake light, and dash illumination... im going to go change the park lamp and courtsey fuse right now just to be sure

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-06-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive Posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so your dash lights are working? Somehow in your explanation, I thought that your dash lights went out as well.