2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hey guys the whole panel on the left side of my dash wont light up..

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 PM
muleman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hey guys the whole panel on the left side of my dash wont light up..

i have a 96 zr2.. the panel where the headlight switch, the rear defog, the dimmer....when you turn on the headlights the you cant see the switches at night are not not lighting up... took the panel off and checked the connections.. nothing... what fuse should control these... or what would cause.. thanks...

Old 10-08-2007, 06:25 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: hey guys the whole panel on the left side of my dash wont light up..

have you checked to see if the bulbs are burnt out?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:07 PM
muleman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: hey guys the whole panel on the left side of my dash wont light up..

i dont think there is a bulb that lights them up,, because when you push the headlight button on, nothing lights up and i diddnt see a bulb in there........

Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

If it was a fuse, then the other panels wouldn't light up either since they are on the same fuse.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:58 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

There is a single bulb that lights up the headlight panel. I took it apart one day to see if I could make my own white face panel. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TAKING IT APART! I had springs and ball bearings and clips flying everywhere and it took me a couple hours to finally find the spring that had gotten away.

I can't remember if the bulb can be accessed without taking the panel apart though. If you do decide to look, just take apart your dash, unscrew the small bolts holding in the panel and unclip the wires connected to it. Look at the back of the panel and if you can do it without getting into the internals, the bulb will be right on the outside. Otherwise-live with it, take it apart and replace the bulb, or take it to a shop. I think in my frenzy I asked swartlkk for a blow-up diagram of where the parts go and he said it was a non-servicable part. You may have to get a new headlight panel from a junkyard...