2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Hi all -- newbie here, please don't flame me...

Old 05-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Radman171 is on a distinguished road
Default Hi all -- newbie here, please don't flame me...

...but I've got a few questions and not sure which forum(s) to post in.
First, we just bought our grandson a '98 Blazer for his first vehicle. Great vehicle, mechanically very sound, looks great, just has a few minor interior cosmetic/operational glitches:
1. Rear 60% seat, cables are broken, can't lower seat. I have looked high and low and can't even find *any* replacement cables of any type. Lots of advice on how to use a screwdriver to activate the latch & lower the seat, but we can't be doing that every time. Does *anyone* have any info on replacement cables?
2. Front seat center console folds down as an armrest/storage, and folds up to make a middle seat (??) for someone who either has an incredibly thin derriere, or is a midget. Top lid is broken off -- can't find a complete replacement unit even at salvage yards.
3. Sun visors are toast, need to be replaced -- but can't find those either!

BTW, the interior color is a darker blue, but I have yet to find the factory-designated color in any of the documentation. Outside is either silver, pewter or beige, depending on the opinion of whoever's looking at it (looks silver to me!). Anyone know if there's a way to find the factory color codes for the interior and exterior of our Blazer?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but these are what we're dealing with right now. I've done numerous web searches and eBay searches for these items but no luck so far. ANY help appreciated!! Thanks....

Old 05-16-2016, 05:17 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Check LMC.com

Old 05-16-2016, 05:30 PM
Radman171 is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm..... their website must be down, I've tried a few times but no luck....

Old 05-16-2016, 06:18 PM
BF Veteran

sorry lmctruck.com

Old 05-16-2016, 06:22 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Old 05-16-2016, 06:56 PM
BF Veteran

Thanks, been a rough day

Old 05-23-2016, 09:48 PM
Racer_X is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Radman171
BTW, the interior color is a darker blue, but I have yet to find the factory-designated color in any of the documentation. Outside is either silver, pewter or beige, depending on the opinion of whoever's looking at it (looks silver to me!). Anyone know if there's a way to find the factory color codes for the interior and exterior of our Blazer?
There is a "Service parts Identification Sticker" (SPIDS for short) in the glove box. It's probably white on your 1998, maybe silver.

The last line on that sticker has the color information. It starts with 'BC/CC' and then theres a "U" followed by a code. If yours is a solid color, that code after the "U" is the paint code. If yours has a two-tone paint scheme, that's the color of the upper part, and there will be an "L" and another code for the lower paint code. The last code on that line is the interior trim (color, finish) code.

For used parts shopping, Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market is an excellent resource. That's a network of used parts sources. It will get you the name and number of sources that have used parts you specify. Not every used parts source keeps their inventory current, so you might have to call several places to find what you're looking for, but that's a good place to start.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:59 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I would keep an eye on your salvage yards. There are 2 that I go to locally and the stock rotates constantly. Also, don 't worry your questions are legit questions and people on this forum don't really flame anyone for asking questions.