2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

High Level Brake Light NOT WORKING

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 01:11 PM
blackknight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default High Level Brake Light NOT WORKING

Was wondering if anyone can help us out here.
The high level brake light on our 2001 Chevy Blazer isn't working, yet the normal brake lights are? Have checked for voltage feed at the wire leading into the LED housing but nothing. I see the wire runs along the headliner but where does it get it's voltage feed from?

Any help appreciated.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:35 PM
smdepew1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: High Level Brake Light NOT WORKING

should be a switch above the brake pedal check there for it

Old 12-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is a relay in the underhood fuse box for the high mount stop lamp. Check there (possibly switching it with another relay) first.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:50 PM

Do you know which relay it is...I had thought about the brake switch but the normal brake lights come on okay so does that rule the switch out?

Old 12-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at the diagram on the underside of the cover. That'll show you which relay it is.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:21 PM

Thanks for that. Will take a look.
Just out of curiosity does the highlevel brake light takes it's feed direct from the brake pedal switch. I would have thought they'd have spliced the harness into the normal brake lights. But then what do I know LOL

Old 12-18-2006, 02:44 PM

Had a look at the relay box but the relays all seem to do other things, there's small fuses in there too. Can anyone tpoint me in the right direction & ell me which one is for the high level brake light? Don't have a reference book. Thanks.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
magnum434 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you remove the back trim piece, basically right under the 3rd brake light, then the connection is right there to disconnect the 3rd brake light. See if you got anything there. Sry if this doesnt make any sense...im really really tired.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:50 PM

Hi magnum434, no voltage at the connector. I see the wire runs along the roof headliner but not sure where to.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:53 PM
magnum434 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea...I can't really help ya then. sorry

Quick Reply: High Level Brake Light NOT WORKING