2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

How to to reset the UK (RHD) spec passlock.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Starting Member
Dobe Rottie Gang is on a distinguished road
Default How to to reset the UK (RHD) spec passlock.

Insert your registered key into the ignition.
Turn the key to the"Run" position. The security light will start to flash off and on.Keep the key in the "Run" position until the security light stops flashing, this usually takes 10 to 15 minutes.
Turn your key anti clockwise to off (do not remove the key once you have turned the key to off, it must stay in the ignition all the time).
Press the unlock button onyour remote as if to unlock the doors and turn off the alarm. Turn the key clockwise to set the engine..
Wait for your truck to start, which confirms that you have successfully reset the passlock.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road

It's a long shot but do you have a scan tool that can read the 5 digit immobilizer override code for the UK models? I don't have my code but I would like it so that i'm able to program a new remote fob to my vehicle.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Starting Member

Yes I do have the scanner but you don't always need it, have to tried the following:

Old 12-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for the quick reply,

Hmm, that's interesting - that's exactly what I didwhen I programmed a new remote on my 1997 US-spec LHD Blazer. I have never tried it with my UK RHD one as the handbook states that I need this mystical 5-digit override code to be able to do it. Evidently only the European market models have this code?
I will give it a try tomorrow to see if it does work?

Old 12-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Starting Member

The reason I put you don't always need a scanner is because on some RHD blazers its works on and some it doesn't.

The other option you have is to go into your nearest Chevy dealership and just ask them to plug in their OBD2 scanner.

It might cost you £25.00 but it will only take them about 15 minutes to do.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:10 AM
Starting Member

Well it was worth a try but sadly it didn't work. I'm gonna have to get the 5 digit code read - did you say you think a Chevy dealership might be able to do it? I have always been told that Bauer Millett in Manchester are the only place in the country with the software on their Tech 2 to be able to access the security system? Correct me if i'm wrong.
A friend of mine at a local Vauxhall dealer brought home his Tech 2 once & plugged it in, he could read just about everything except the security system.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Starting Member

Before I brought my scanner I used to go to my local Chevy dealership which just happened to be Frosts and the technicians were able to access the security system with their Tech 2 as they still had the software for the US Chevy's.
I would take your Blazer into your local dealership and talk to someone with some knowledge about the Tech 2 machine, as half the time most of the guys working in those places haven't even seen a Blazer before so therefore don't know how to bring up the correct software for it.

Depending on how much you might want to use the Tech 2, you could do what I had to do and that's buy one. This is the one I have:

Promotion GM Tech2 GM Diagnostic Scanner Top Quality

Old 12-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Starting Member

Thanks for the reply.
Just had a look at the web page for that scanner - a very reasonable price, I have to say i'm very tempted as it'll access much more than the basic Actron scanner I bought over in the states a few years ago. So - can these access the security system on the Blazers?
I know what you mean about some places not having even heard of a Blazer - had that with both Vauxhall and Chevy (Daewoo) dealerships in Exeter. I often wonder if some places do actually have the software on their Tech 2's but a few of the so-called technicians don't actually know how to use them fully?

Old 12-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Starting Member

As far as I'm aware all of the Chevy dealerships have the software for the Blazer, but the idiots look for the model rather than just go into Chevy trucks first.
I have just double checked my scanner on one of my Blazers and it brought up the code, but I must admit that I didn't go any further with it (ie: the reset) as I didn't want to mess my one up in case I got it wrong as I haven't had to do it before. lol

Old 01-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Magnum1965 is on a distinguished road

Excuse me for bringing this old thread to life, but there was no way to contact Dobe Rottie Gang, so i'll try this way.
Magnus is the name and I live in Sweden. Same problem with passlock and remotes as everybody else in Europe

Long story short:

I just bought myself a 1999 Blazer and also a Tech2. I look in the post above that you managed to obtain data on the 5-digit code. The one for emergency start if the remote control stops working.

Would you like to explain to me how to do? I enter the BCM and see details of Passlock, but can not find any code.

Do i need a special software for this? I have version 33.002 in mine.

Very grateful for help.

Quick Reply: How to to reset the UK (RHD) spec passlock.