2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Hvac Vacuum Actuators

Old 07-13-2018, 12:41 AM
LaFierte is on a distinguished road
Default Hvac Vacuum Actuators

Hello! I知 new to the forum (so please excuse if the question has been asked before, I did search but did not find anything on it). Does anyone know the part numbers or where to buy the three HVAC vacuum actuators for a 97 blazer? Two of mine are bad due to a failure of the transfer case switch and I may as well replace the third just in case, but I知 having trouble finding where I can buy them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. PS. Not looking for the electric blend door actuator, looking for the vacuum ones.

Last edited by LaFierte; 07-13-2018 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 07-13-2018, 01:21 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I don't know the part numbers for your 97. I do know about problems with the transfer case switch. Did transmission fluid get sucked into the actuators?

Old 07-13-2018, 07:29 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

This place has only two of the three available, but they do give you the part numbers as well as drawings of all three parts

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts-l...lectrical.html

Last edited by LesMyer; 07-13-2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:44 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

here's the obsolete one on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine....c100408.m2460

oops no longer available. You can google the part number and search that way to find someone who still has it as NOS, if the obsolete part is one of the two that you need.

Last edited by LesMyer; 07-13-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:07 AM

Thank you very much everyone! And yes, I had the fluid sucked all the way up through the system so that it was dripping out of the ash tray :/

Old 07-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

When the input shaft seal on the transfer case fails it allows transmission fluid into the transfer case and overfills it until fluid gets sucked into the transfer case switch and throughout the vacuum system. Replacing the input shaft seal will solve the problem and keep the new actuators working.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:00 PM

Yep, already have corrected that end of the problem. I知 just working on correcting the problems under the dash now. Talk about a major pain in the butt... but to avoid future some problems I知 going to be running the HVAC actuators off a different vacuum port in hopes that if I ever have an issue again it won稚 flood the HVAC system.

Old 07-14-2018, 06:05 AM
dlundblad is on a distinguished road

You and I have the exact same issue. My dash is currently out as well. I was only getting air out of the defrost and floor and so far I have been unable to find the root cause since I had replaced the vacuum lines under the hood and everything appeared to be in working order under the dash.

The blend door actuator had a bit of ATF, but still held vacuum. Heck, the actuator under the battery for the 4WD had about 3 tablespoons of ATF in it and still worked fine... A new t case switch and vacuum line between the source and t case are in order as well. I am also replacing the heater core and flushing the hard vacuum lines with Simple Green. I've been applying it daily for the last 4 days.

The lady and I are doing some junkyarding this morning in search of a 1997 2WD per a recommendation I received on another forum. Doesn't have to be a 1997, but from what I can tell it needs to be this dash/ front end style because the p/n's aren't the same with the 98+ models. Apparently the actuators are very reliable if they don't get contaminated with ATF from a faulty t case switch. A 2WD won't have the faulty t case switch!

Pain in the butt is an understatement btw. LOL!

Old 07-14-2018, 08:18 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

input shaft seal

Old 07-15-2018, 05:07 AM
dlundblad is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
input shaft seal
With me at least, my transmission's ATF level is correct and I've never once removed the fill plug and had an overfilled t case condition.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hvac Vacuum Actuators