2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Hypertech Power install,... need feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 02:03 AM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hypertech Power install,... need feedback

Programed the 2000LT today. Went with the 93 oct., firm shift, Speed limit to 110mph. Not sure I understand the principle behind the Dual Fuel Power Tuning deal though. Since I set it up for the 93 oct., am I not suppose to use the 93 now? (Although I can only get 91) I watch the little dumb *** video that they have on the website but I have to admit I am confused by it. Sounds like they are telling me on there that there is no reason at all for me to even think of using the higher octane setting for the Blazer. I have an email into them, but I would like to get as much feedback from you guys as I can and maybe even what your settings are and why. The 2000 is stock except for the K&N drop in. I have a Flowmaster to put on it but have not yet. Haven't even finished the damn tune up yet. Every time I look at those friggen plugs I say I'll do it tomorrow.
So any feedback on the Hypertech and especially with the dooel foolel.
later... and thanks..

Old 03-23-2006, 09:58 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Hypertech Power install,... need feedback

What was their reply?

You should have gotten the PCM flashed instead. IMO. I don't know anyone who has one keeps that thing.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Dual fuel simply means that there are two different *programs* that you can choose from. You can choose to get some gain with the 87 program where it basically optimizes the someone conservative stock fuel and spark maps for 87 octane. Or you can choose to spend the extra money for high octane fuel and get the most out of the programmer where it optimizes the stock maps for 93 octane.

I don't have one, nor will I ever. I'd rather spend pretty much that same cash and have my PCM tuned to MY engine & future mods.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:25 PM

Ivannj likes his. where the hell is our friend?

Old 03-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Starting Member

Well I really don't know much (= nothing) about the PCM and/or having it flashed. Actually this is the first time I have heard it was even an option. I have been on the board for about a month now but never noticed anything regarding it. Maybe some enlightenment????
tia

Old 03-24-2006, 01:46 AM

Here is a post I wrote March 10th. This is by far the best price for a PCM reflashing I found on the net. They will customize your PCM, update any TSB's that GM has out there.

I emailed a company called pcmforless and inquired on there product. Here is my email sent and the reply I got.

To: Chips@pcmforless.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:38 AM
Subject: 4.3 liter programming

Hello I’m inquiring about the reprogramming you folks do. I have a 2001 S10 Blazer 4wd with a 4.3 litre w/ an auto transmission, stock cam, stock exhaust manifolds, stock exhaust ect…

What horse power gains could I expect? How will this affect my timing? Will 91 or better octane rating be needed? Can reprogramming be done with out affecting the transmission shift points? (I have a B&M shift improver and Vette servo installed.)

Thanks for your reply,

Scott

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

I can pick you up a little over 10 HP on 87 octane or over 20 on 91 or higher. I can also firm up the shifts, delete the torque management, delete the top speed limiter, improve the shift points, plus I can pick up .5 to 1 MPG in mileage. I can do it without firming the shifts, I am though able to firm up the shifts at WOT, which the B&M unit does not seem to do very well.
Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan Herter
Lead Programmer of 94 and newer cars and trucks for
WWW.PCMFORLESS.COM
570-398-4431 M-F 9AM to 7PM Eastern

Order Sheets and pricing can be found on our website
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

After reading that. I was going to send my PCM out. But now my money for the toy, must go to my Impala.
I had to purchase lower intake gaskets, upper intake manifold, EGR elbow, water pump.... and all the crap that goes with it.

Anyone who gets this flash done, please post it. I'm anxious to know how it feels in the Blazer.

2001 LT
some stuff

got it MADE IN USA

Old 03-24-2006, 03:16 AM
Starting Member

4low...>> Thank you very much for the post and the info... Guess I'll check into it and have to check the site for their pricing...
later....

Old 03-24-2006, 03:31 AM

I'm going get mine done when I get more scratch.

Old 03-24-2006, 04:47 AM
Starting Member

I can't see where the PCM really does all that more than the Hyper... cept that you can't get in there and tweek it to what exactly you want I guess..
As Far As Hypertech Getting Back To Me... didn't happen!
still waiting but sent another emai just incase there was a problem at my end.

Old 03-24-2006, 05:24 AM

Maybe in a week or so they'll get back to ya. If not, give them a call.

One thing on the PCM reflashing. If you take it in to the dealer, let them know not to reflash the PCM. That would suck to pay good money and a mechanic erase everything on you!