2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I am useless at searching forums...Bumper Tow Capacity, and some "Ramblings"

Old 03-11-2015, 12:36 AM
matt4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default I am useless at searching forums...Bumper Tow Capacity, and some "Ramblings"

The Question Part...
Whats the tow capacity for these Blazers using the bumper hitch?

I got no hole on my bumper, as far as I can tell, a plastic piece might pop off to reveal a hole where the ball bolts onto, I will have to kneel down and look underneath and see.

Would it state it on the door sticker what this capacity is, or is it just total capacity with bolted/welded on hitch?

Now my Ramblings begin, why? Cuz I am bored...
I am not really looking at hauling much of anything, just really want to get my business going hauling junk, landscaping, constructing etc. Get my money back from buying this gas gussler. Should be a decent wheeler, minus the IFS. If I would have known it sucked back this much gas, I would have bought a truck. I am fond of those 4 door trucks, the fords are cheap, probably sucks back the same amount of gas if not more! Over-all I am pleased with the rig, I am having a perculiar problem now, so when it gets to -7C, I get a check engine code pop up. I go to AutoValue and they say its something to do with the Catalytic Converter, the sensor before and after are not up to spec. Only when it hits those tempratures. So I guess I cant rip out the converter.

My baby (havent come up with a name for it yet) will make a decent offroading toy I guess, a solid front is a pretty dime I bet. Here is a little quote I like to read about.

"While the time and labor is intensive to swap a solid front axle onto an S-10 chassis, the cost is not. Doing everything at home using Sky’s Offroad Design $220 SAS axle hanger kit, stock Wagoneer front leaf springs, some post-1980 Wagoneer axles (driver-side front diff), shocks, and some wheels to fit the 6x5.5 bolt pattern of the Wagoneer axles, you could theoretically finish your entire solid-axle swap at home for less than $1,000.

From: Solid-Axle Swapping - A 1996 Chevy S-10 Blazer - The Almighty Dime - Off-Road Magazine "

So all in all it looks promising. I am a true Jeep lover, but I am growing fond of these Blazers and Jimmy's. They seem to be everywhere on the road, so parts supply is plentiful. I am reaching up to 300k km now.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

After all that, still no idea what year Blazer you're referring to BUT: If you have the step bumper, with the black plastic cover, it's molded right on it what the tongue & maximum weight capacity is. IIRC, 350# maximum tongue weight, and 3500# maximum trailer weight.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:38 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

in the owners manual in the glove box look up towing