2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 12:48 PM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

Would be good to know what running fuel pressure is as this gives an indication of the pressure regulator.
Does the vehicle run nornally? Any driveabiltiy problems of just hard starting?

Old 10-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Beginning Member
bzoerb is on a distinguished road

Runs great no problems at all, even idles great, just starting is the problem.

Last edited by bzoerb; 10-30-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member
Default Help

Ok I hooked up the fuel psi tester again and started and ran the engine fuel pressure dropped by 3-6 psi so that is good. So its not a fuel pump or pressure switch issue it seems. Guys do you have any other ideas that may help with this starting issue again what has been done so far.
Key On fuel 60-62psi
Key off 56-58psi held for over 10mins
Started engine idle engine fuel 52psi
TPS
Crank Sensor
Ignition Module
Fuel Filter
Coil
Dist Cap
Rotor
Plug Wires
Plugs
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated guys thanks in advance.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Beginning Member

no more ideas on this ? nobody?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
norwegn113 is on a distinguished road

I had something very similar happen to me. Turned out that I had a leaking injector on my spider assembly. It wasnt enough to show up on a leakdown test but over the course of the day the gas built up and was causing a "flooded" condition. Not sure if you may have the same thing ,but may be a possibilty???

Old 11-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Beginning Member

Not really acting like a flooded condition, also no gas on the plugs either but I'll give that a look also. It is more like a bad fuel pump but all tests say fuel pump is good, its really bizarre has me scratching my head on this one. I have no trouble codes ( it did have a p0440 but i got rid of that) pointing to anything. The only thing I have not changed is the distributor and camshaft sensor but those should throw a code. The first start of the day is the hardest. Yesterday I went to start it but it took like 4-5 cranks, then today I went to start first thing and turned key like 5 times to activate the fuel pump and it started 1-2 cranks so I don’t know if that was lucky or what as I said the fuel pump checks out great…
Anything would help here guys open to all suggestions.
Thanks again in advance.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Beginning Member

Could it possible be my Fuel Injectors not having enough fuel going through them, can these be cleaned?

Old 11-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Beginning Member

No more help out there? Come on someone has to know whats going on here? yesterday, it was starting really difficult it would start then die then take 2-3 times to start?????? Again it runs great after its started.

Come on guys I know someone has to know whats going on with this thing, just a little more help please...
thanks

Old 11-06-2011, 08:40 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Have you checked your timing by chance? If your timing jumped a bit you could have a hard time starting it.

Also, did you get your CEL fixed?

Old 11-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Beginning Member

Have not check the timing didn't think about that since it runs so well but I will give that a shot. Also, today I went to start after sitting all night one crank would not start so I figured I would spray some starting fluid into it and see if that made a difference, well it started right up after doing that? I would think that would show a bad fuel pump or fuel pressure switch but all the reading are great on those?????
yes the CEL is fixed the code was p0440 that was the purge Solenoid.

one other thing I think I said the before but the fuel guage on the blazer is all over the place does not work so I just go by my trip.

Last edited by bzoerb; 11-06-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Ideas