2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

just dosent have the same go anymore

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just dosent have the same go anymore

th best way to describe this, is that i use to be able to spin the tires, sometimes at a stand still but always if i tired it going around a connor, but now it can barely do it at all, o i use to be able to do it in reverse and leave rubber behind, but now i can i wanna try this anyone esle use it http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...2&loc=show

i just had tranny done btw and nothin better

Old 02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: just dosent have the same go anymore

last tune-up? Lucas oil is a highly recommended item from what i hear but that wont make ya spin your tires unless ya pour sum on the tires...

Old 02-21-2008, 05:02 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

What do you hope to gain by using the Lucas?

Several things may have happened since the last time you could 'spin the tires' (when was this anyway?):

1) The compound in your tire has changed. Some tires have a different (harder or softer-I forget which) compound on the outer tread of the tire. Once it wears down to a certain point, the characteristics of the tire change-i.e. not being able to spin them, wear faster, etc.

2) Depending on the last time you were able to spin' em, it may just be the cold weather that's simply not conducive to spinning tires.

3) Could be an engine issue. If your engine is tired or in need of a tune-up it may be a good time to do so.

4) Also depending on the last time you were able to peel out, it may be the winter mix that is used in gasoline. I know MPG's drop in the winter due to additives they put in winter gas, possibly effects performance as well?

Those would be my assumptions. I think the root of your question is 'How can I get my Blazer back to what it used to be?', no?

Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

o o i only say spin so you can under stand how much go it seemed to have had

the problem shouldn't be the engine its got to be the gas. becasue i just got a tune up a month ago as well

o btw these are my current tires
http://www.firestonecompleteautocare....do?tire=50926

Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: just doesn't have the same go anymore

Having the ability to turn the tires over now does not indicate that you have a problem. When I had my 235-75-25 Goodyear's on mine I could smoke 'em up!! When I put on my 30x9.5x15 Duelers, I lost that ability to smoke 'em. Which is a good thing since rubber ain't cheap!! But my truck will run with the best of 'em. I lined up with a friend who had a Z71 'Burban, and I had the lead until we let off at 60. So do I think that I don't have enough power just because I can't smoke 'em? HELL NO, I love the way the truck runs, could it use more power? Sure, EVERYTHING always needs more power!!!! Even if I had a 'Vette Z06 it could use more power. Plus you need to tell us if you changed your tires and possibly the size since you could last spin them.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 AM
Starting Member
kerander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: just doesn't have the same go anymore

If you are concerned about an internal problem, you might do a compression test.