2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Just replaced the Spider Injector, Fuel pump, and fuel filter on 2000 Blazer 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 01:07 AM
Starting Member
dragoon1101 is on a distinguished road

with my blazer i bought it from my boss after he replaced the motor (96 truck 04 motor) and i think he did the "upgrade" without knowing lol we had to put most of the parts from the old engine on the new block so i believe mine has the mpi ... is there any way of checking this without removing the plenum? i would like to know for sure.... oh and food for thought if your engine runs like crap after the initial start-up high idle... make sure you didn't forget the gasket on the top of the spider it'll leak air BADLY lol i had to tear it apart after i brought it hone the first time from his house to figure this out ... and didnt bother to notice (because i didn't know of the difference then) if it was mpi or not...

Old 07-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Beginning Member
mickey_bigdaddy is on a distinguished road

One more update, I just got 20 mpg on my weekend trip. Last time I hit the highway, I was getting about 14 mpg. So I figure the old setup was either just terribly inefficient or was leaking, maybe both.

The acceleration is definately smoother. This is one hell of an upgrade (especially since I bought the junkyard part for about $40).

Thanks guys!

Old 07-31-2015, 01:19 AM
Starting Member
mdesery is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 blazer

Originally Posted by aerovette99
I replaced the fuel pump (186,000 miles) not because it stopped working, but because the fuel gauge didn't work. Problem solved.
Fuel filter replacement at the same time.

My BIGGER problem was hard starting and really TERRIBLE gas mileage. (220 miles to the tank).
The crappy CFPI spider assembly was old and tired and the fuel pressure regulator was leaking into the intake. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM.
I purchased a new Delphi unit and started the disassembly taking NUMEROUS pictures as I disassembled the intake, so I didn't mess it up too badly putting it back together.
The teardown took approx 75 minutes (one of the spider legs removal prongs broke so I spent 15-20 minutes with 2 tiny screwdrivers tinkering until it finally popped (BIG SMILE OF RELIEF). After that, it was fairly simple other than the bending/manipulating of the spider legs into the orifices. Did a decent clean up of the surface area, then installed gaskets and put it back together in about another hour ( I worked slowly). Once it was put back together completely, I said a quick prayer and started the engine. It ran terribly and I started fearing that I installed one or two of the injectors wrong.
Then to make my struggles even worse, the check engine light came on.
AAARRGGGG.
I didn't give up. It DID start. I let it idle for about a minute or so, then took it for a ride. RPM at idle was 1400. I stopped at a light about a mile away and just sat for a moment. Suddenly, the idle came down to about 600. The car started riding normally, in fact, it ran better than I remember it riding,but the check engine light was on so I drove it home.
I removed the negative battery cable for 5 minutes, then started it back up. Check Engine light remained on. I turn it off and removed the POSITIVE battery cable for 5 minutes.....BINGO.
Starts perfectly, No check engine light, and it runs flawlessly. Started it again today and drove it with no issues. Had better acceleration. I'm waiting to see if I get better gas mileage, but the MPFI spider is DEFINITELY the answer, and the installation is not too terrible!!
If anyone has questions or need some pix, let me know.
I know most on here already know how to do this, but I just want to help if anyone needs it.
I have 2000 blazer all sudden just stalled on me replaced fuel filter and fuel pump with used pump ran one day did same replaced pump again with another used one ran one day did same again no start ordered New pump car cranks no start what do I do next

Old 07-31-2015, 08:10 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mdesery
I have 2000 blazer all sudden just stalled on me replaced fuel filter and fuel pump with used pump ran one day did same replaced pump again with another used one ran one day did same again no start ordered New pump car cranks no start what do I do next
You start a new thread, write sentences, and insert punctuation. Knowing how you diagnosed the problem is a fuel pump might be helpful.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:22 AM
CWBDDSPC is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lesmyer
You start a new thread, write sentences, and insert punctuation. Knowing how you diagnosed the problem is a fuel pump might be helpful.
The more I read, the more I like this Les Guy...

Old 09-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Starting Member
Jodel is on a distinguished road

May I please get your pictures you have for your spider work?

Thanks

Old 09-28-2015, 10:04 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jodel
May I please get your pictures you have for your spider work?

Thanks
Jodel, please advise what you mean by spider work and whom you are asking.

If you are trying to ask Aerovette99 please know he hasn't checked in since last April. That's the trouble with old threads.

Probably best to just start your own new thread and be sure to describe completely/ask specific questions.

Regards,

Les

Last edited by LesMyer; 09-28-2015 at 10:12 AM.