2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Keyless entry

Old 01-01-2007, 05:13 PM
kevin g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Keyless entry

Does anyone know how to program a new keyless remote into my wifes 2002 blazer?

Old 01-01-2007, 05:24 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Keyless entry

Looks like a job for the dealer....unless someone else knows how to do it without a scan tool.
Transmitter Programming
Important: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.
[ol]Install a scan tool.
Use the scan tool in order to access programming: Vehicle Control System/Computer Integrating System/Module Setup/BCM/Program Key Fobs.
Press the START soft key on the scan tool.
Important:The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 5-10seconds, the scan tool will indicate that the transmitter is programmed.
Repeat the previous step in order to program up to 4transmitters.
Remove the scan tool.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation. [/ol]

Old 01-01-2007, 07:42 PM
filstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.programyourremote.com/ says to do it this way on your vehicle. A little more cumbersome than doing it with a scan tool, but it should work.

1. Close all vehicle doors. 2. Insert the key into the ignition. 3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release. 4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession. 5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine). 6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. 7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. 8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. 9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically. 10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds. 11. Repeatstep 10NOWfor each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters). 12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:05 AM
states is an unknown quantity at this point

Will that also work for a 95 Blazer? Or is there a different precidure? Batteries died on mine, changed them and hasn't worked since.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:59 AM
filstoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't find instructions for a 95. This is for a 96. I'm told that this works for 94-97. Don't know for sure because mine is a 99.Sounds like your remote is dead though so maybe you can use this to program in a new one.

1.Locate theData Link Port. It is locatedunder dash drivers side. Be sure you know which pins are8 and4.
(Notice port iswider on top row)
2. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 to 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering of programming mode. 3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter. 4. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitters to be programmed. 5. Remove jumper wire applied to the OBDII Port.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:10 AM

So I dopnt need that scan tool? As far as this jumper wire...sorry I am not familiar with that terminology. Could you explain what that is? Thanks so much!!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

just a length of wire . grab some speaker wire or something. just need to be able to touch it to the correct pins.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Thanks. I just went out and attempted it. The #8 port doesn't seem to have a connector pin. port #4 does. Tried it anyway. Failed. Should I just go out and get a new remote pad? Im thinking the original that is bad.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Nokose is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 s10 blazer keyless entry reciever location

I bought a 1999 s10 blazer 4X4 2 door it has power door locks but no keyless entry, I but a chevy keyless entry reciever and 2 fobs on ebay. I was told it is a plug and play. I need to know if it is and where to find the plug for the receiver. if anyone knows it will be a great help.thanks and email me at nokose@theinter.com