2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Keyless Remote Programing Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:07 PM
terriosouthstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Keyless Remote Programing Problem

My keyless remote was working just fine, and then started getting weaker and weaker until it finally just didn't work. I replaced the battery and did what the manual said to do to program it, and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have a suggestion? Or instructions on how to program it? Its a 2001 Blazer. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks!

Old 12-13-2006, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Keyless Remote Programing Problem

Welcome to the forum. Hope this helps.
[ol]Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation. [/ol]

Old 12-14-2006, 11:29 AM
MNHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to steal the thread, but:

Mine seem to only unlock 2 of the 5 locks and will not lock any of them. Been told the relay clicks with unlock but not lock at all. All the locks move freely. Would mine be in the main pannel or with the computer for the Keyless system? With the main pannel it clicks on both lock and unlock but the locks wont move right. Almost like its got a GREMLIN [sm=lockeddance.gif]

Old 12-14-2006, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

MNHawk, do your door locks work with the switch on the door panel?

Old 12-14-2006, 01:32 PM

I have checked the doors. All the parts seem to be free, no kinks, all clips there, power to all sources in doors.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Rammer is an unknown quantity at this point

What two locks does it unlock? The hatch and drivers door? If the swiches on the door panels work, then I'd bet that the keyless module is bad.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:37 AM

I retested this with a GM ASE cert. present.

Results:

With FOB-
unlock clicks but only driver door unlocks
lock there is a ticking under the colum, but nothing locks at all

With DOOR master control-
unlock clicks with actuators engaging but only driver door unlocks
lock nothing not even a click from under the colum

They suggest that the Master control pannel is bad, but its odd how the FOB gets more results then the master control.
Manually all the locks will move/work. Guess time to get a replacement Master Control Switch and then go from there.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

Welcome to the forum. Hope this helps.
[ol]Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation. [/ol]
I did try this to reprogram my FOB, it worked to reprogram it. But my locks still dont work right. But the gate button will release the window but wont lock or unlock it from the U or L button.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Rammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Check the lock/ unlock relay and the drivers door lock/unlock switch. The clicking under the dashis the relay in the module which energizes the lock/unlock relay.

Old 12-16-2006, 02:40 AM

Rammer, I am waiting for the FSM to show up. My books that I have now do not cover enough of the electrical on this Truck. Seeing as I have more then one issue, I thought it was best to get the full scematics over just doing the guessing work. Due to 1995 to 1997 are the only years that have the same layout. 1994 and downis different and 1998 and up is a whole different nightmare.

I did manage to run a power test on the Main control and it does seem that there is power going out with lock but not with unlock. So I think it will lay with the main control in the drivers door. Electrical is always a nightmare, you never know what you are going to find and/or miss.

Quick Reply: Keyless Remote Programing Problem