2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Leaf Spring End Tip Pad Anti Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 02:04 PM
monette999 is on a distinguished road
Default Leaf Spring End Tip Pad Anti Squeak

Dear Forum,

can I use these Ebay Leaf Spring End Tip Pad Anti Squeak

for my 1997 Chevy Blazer.

Thank you forum

Leaf Spring End Tip Pad Anti Squeak ( 6 Pieces) | eBay

Leaf Spring Tip Inserts
6 Pieces
Anti Squeak Insert
Used On Varied Leaf Spring Applications

Insert Size: 2-1/4" OD, 1/16" Thick, 7/16" Nib

Old 08-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I don't believe the blazer springs have holes in them to accommodate those pads. Take a look at yours tho and see if they do to be sure.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Those should be what you're looking for. You can probably find them in the USA which might speed up shipping My 98 and 04 both have the insulators. Except for load capacity, rear leaf springs are the same on 2WD & 4WD pick ups, Blazer, Jimmy & Bravada at least as far back as 1996, maybe older as well. If yours are worn out, replacing them will greatly improve the ride.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:39 AM

Thank you Captian Hook for your good advice.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I don't believe the blazer springs have holes in them to accommodate those pads. Take a look at yours tho and see if they do to be sure.
Hi Rexmburn, you post is confusing me a little. I do have
holes in my spring leaves

BR
Bob

Old 08-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by monette999
Thank you Captian Hook for your good advice.
I didn't realize you are in Germany! The Ebay website that you posted should do just fine

Old 08-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Sorry I was completly wrong mine do have holes for the pads it is a spare set that I used for a bastard pack that don't that I was thinking of. Yes get this as captain said and you will be fine!

Old 08-12-2014, 04:12 PM

Both of you thanks for your support.

I was just able to pass the German Tuev with my old Truck.

Some little rust und the rear axle and the lower control arms. The rest looks strong and solid.

The most concern the Tuev inspector had was the smog test.
I have high value on CO 0.6% and my lambda shows lean. Lambda 1.2
Target is 0.3 @ 3500 rpm.

No failure code is set from the ECU.

Does this sounds familiar to you.

BR
Bob

Old 08-12-2014, 04:44 PM

In the USA we call the lambda sensor an "oxygen sensor", it's same part though. Target is .45 volts. It might just be a lazy lambda. When they fail, they indicate lean and the computer makes the fuel mixture rich, which increases carbon monoxide, (and kills fuel economy). If it is a lazy lambda, it will eventually get worse and turn the check engine light on. Your 1997 has 4 lambda sensors and it could be one or both of the upstream sensors causing the problem. When the check engine light comes on, it will tell you which lambda is causing the problem.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
In the USA we call the lambda sensor an "oxygen sensor", it's same part though. Target is .45 volts. It might just be a lazy lambda. When they fail, they indicate lean and the computer makes the fuel mixture rich, which increases carbon monoxide, (and kills fuel economy). If it is a lazy lambda, it will eventually get worse and turn the check engine light on. Your 1997 has 4 lambda sensors and it could be one or both of the upstream sensors causing the problem. When the check engine light comes on, it will tell you which lambda is causing the problem.

Thank you I will check with a Tech2 the values.

I assume also a vacuum leak. So it would suck wrong air over the blow buy.
The reason why I am thinking this are based on following circumstance.
When I am accelerating my front ac air through the vents goes down. If I am starting to coast the front air starts blowing strong. So I am sucking somehow wrong air. I have already replaces some tubes but could not identify the leak in the vacuum system.

I have to double check again. Thank you for your advise.

Br
Bob

Quick Reply: Leaf Spring End Tip Pad Anti Squeak