2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Missing PVC valve!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Beginning Member
leeroy74 is on a distinguished road
Default Missing PVC valve!

Bought a new PVC valve to do a tune up and it was missing... The plastic tube from the air intake was connected directly into the crankcase cover with no pvc valve. I put the pvc valve in but the plastic tube is missing a connector or flexible rubber tubing so I can connect the hard plastic tube to the pvc valve. Is this okay or will it put oil in the intake manifold?

2000 Blazer 4.3L 4x4 152,000 miles

Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Beginning Member
TireGrit is on a distinguished road

Leeroy, On mine, looks like about a 3 inch section of vacuum hose with an inner diameter large eough to fit snuggly around the top of the PVC valve which will also accomadate the connection of the plastic tube at the top. Make sure both fit securely with no vac leaks. I would just get this small section of hose from your local parts store and give it a shot.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:32 AM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

You're looking at the wrong side of the motor. PCV valve is on the drivers side. That Plastic tube is a fresh air intake for the motor, the PCV draws across the motor and is connected to the intake manifold on the drivers side.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Beginning Member
bill737 is on a distinguished road

Is there a chance someone could post an actual photo of where the PCV valve is? I've read every thread on the forum with the tag "pcv" and while it's location is "explained", I still can't find it...(I'm not all that smart.) I searched the interweb as well, but no good photo, video, or schematic that I understand for Blazers or Jimmys.

I have a 2000 ZR2 and was just kind of looking for it to see if it needs cleaned or replaced - and for future reference. A photo, maybe with an arrow pointing to it sure would help rookies like me!

Thanks so much in advance!

Old 09-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Old 09-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Beginning Member

Swartlkk, you know I actually printed that very same schematic out from one of your other postings and I still can't find the damned thing. Is it buried and out of sight, or should I be seeing it up top on the driver side?

I'm sorry for such a dumb question, but I am quite literally as "green" as it gets when it comes to this stuff - but I am reading a lot and trying to get better!

Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Item #8 in that image is the PCV valve. It is located in the left hand valve cover directly above the 'VORTEC' embossed on the valve cover.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you sir; I will check that out again tomorrow. If I may ask one last moronic question - when I look at an engine schematic like that one, and see the big master arrow (which I believe indicates the front of the engine), is that pointing toward the headlights?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Administrator

The large arrow always points to the front of the vehicle.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:52 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just FYI, bill737, anytime 'right' or 'left' is mentioned, it's referring to the position as viewed from the driver's seat. As in the air filter is on the 'left' and the battery is on the 'right'.