2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need Help ASAP! 95 blazer 4x4 4 door

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Matthew Anglin is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help ASAP! 95 blazer 4x4 4 door

Ok so I went and dropped the gas tank to replace the fuel pump and sending unit well this is my issue this model has the screw on fuel line to the fuel sending unit and the threads/nut was rusted together and I tried to remove that nut on the sending unit from the rubber part of the fuel hose and the hard fuel line on the unit bent and snapped off, I said ok I was replacing that anyways but once I got the tank from under it to tackle the rubber crimped on fuel line that the hard line nut was stuck on I cant get it off at all it is stuck for good I even vice gripped it to the flat part of the frame and I was bending the frame to get that nut off well here is my question can I just cut that rubber section of the fuel line that threads into the fuel line on the sending unit and put a brass fitting and double hose clamp it on? because as far as I can tell that is one piece fuel line up to the filter at least and don't really want to remove every fuel line to replace that whole section from the crimped to the filter and because both those fuel lines are a total of 250 dollars for the whole section. thanks for anyone replying.

Last edited by Matthew Anglin; 04-04-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:02 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

My truck was like that for many years. At some point before I got it, someone messed up the fuel lines just like what you're describing. IIRC, they cut the nut off the rubber line, and just shoved the line onto the flare fitting on the sending unit, and hose clamped it down. Can't remember if it was pressure or return, I think return.

I drove it like that for about 100k miles trouble free. I eventually replaced both fuel lines all the way up to the filter, check rock auto, they're a lot cheaper than you're describing.

So yeah, you can do what you need to do to get by. Make sure to leak check it all over after your repair

Old 04-04-2019, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by cleburne red
My truck was like that for many years. At some point before I got it, someone messed up the fuel lines just like what you're describing. IIRC, they cut the nut off the rubber line, and just shoved the line onto the flare fitting on the sending unit, and hose clamped it down. Can't remember if it was pressure or return, I think return.

I drove it like that for about 100k miles trouble free. I eventually replaced both fuel lines all the way up to the filter, check rock auto, they're a lot cheaper than you're describing.

So yeah, you can do what you need to do to get by. Make sure to leak check it all over after your repair
I will try that on both the feed and return lines I guess I know you can buy a br.a.ss fitting on one side and threaded on the otherside I might use two of those to screw the new sending unit to the ****** fitting then hose clamp the rubber line to it with double hose clamps thanks for the reply

Old 04-04-2019, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran

What brass fitting are you talking about?

Old 04-05-2019, 04:53 AM

What brass fitting are you talking about?
a ****** fitting on one side for the hose to slip on and threaded on the other side to thread the fitting onto the new fuel sending unit and just hose clamp the hose on that fitting instead of slipping it on the sending unit itself

Old 04-05-2019, 05:58 AM
BF Veteran

Oh, like a hose barb on one side, and threaded on the other? Yeah, I bet that would work

Old 04-05-2019, 06:05 AM

Oh, like a hose barb on one side, and threaded on the other? Yeah, I bet that would work
yeah that website keeps blocking br.a.ss for some reason

Old 04-05-2019, 06:39 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah, I was wondering about that. It let's me say it.

Brass brass brass

Old 04-05-2019, 09:35 PM

Yeah, I was wondering about that. It let's me say it.

Brass brass brass
lol dont know why it does for me, but I messed up putting the gas tank back up and bolting the straps down I forgot the stupid gas tank covers that go on it before you put the tank back in lol do I have to have those on at all times I dont off road in it just normal road driving so I don't think it would puncture it. reason for asking is because I just put gas back in it and realized I forgot the covers and spent about 15 hours on the ground over the past 2 days time and dont want to mess with that tank anymore lol. Oh I got those rubber lines to unthread finally I guess letting it soak in pb help over night I tried to loosen them again early today and they came undone so no rigging was made besides me forgetting the tank covers.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:14 AM
BF Veteran

You mean the "skid plates" that go under the tank? I think you'll be fine without them. Especially if you don't off road.

15 hours? Holy crap, man. Must have been fighting it the whole way. From driving in to driving out, I can do a pump in about an hour. But I've changed WAY too many pumps on these trucks lol.

How much fuel was in the tank? Much easier if it's empty. Did you drain it first?

Quick Reply: Need Help ASAP! 95 blazer 4x4 4 door