2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Nerf Bars 4 door 2" body lift

Old 12-07-2018, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

The nerf bars and the front bumper are both home made. Sorry.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tom A
The nerf bars and the front bumper are both home made. Sorry.
...suspension lift too? Or is it 6" RC? Awesome looking ride btw.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:57 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Thanks! It's an SAS.

Old 12-08-2018, 09:07 AM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I bought the nerf bars for my 2 dr from Rock Auto. They were Westins and were less than $200 but 4dr are more expensive. .

Old 12-17-2018, 11:28 PM
Starting Member
Doubledown is on a distinguished road

I pulled the trigger on a set of GoRhino bars with this last Ebay %15 coupon along with the Zone body lift. It will probably be a bit before I get them installed but will try to put up some pictures for anyone else who may be looking into nerf bars

Old 12-18-2018, 09:42 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Looking forward to the update. I have the nerf bars but looking into the body lift. I already have a 2.5 RC lift, so I need to start looking into shop prices to install them. I broke a body mount bolt on the rear driverside, so i might as well get the body lift all at the same time.

are you going to do the install yourself? Or are you going to a shop?

Old 12-18-2018, 09:55 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DonL
Looking forward to the update. I have the nerf bars but looking into the body lift. I already have a 2.5 RC lift, so I need to start looking into shop prices to install them. I broke a body mount bolt on the rear driverside, so i might as well get the body lift all at the same time.

are you going to do the install yourself? Or are you going to a shop?
I plan to do both installs at the same time myself though it will probably be awhile I have to do the work to get this to pass smog before my temporary permit runs out. Then I can get to the fun stuff, but I will get to it as soon as possible.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:43 AM
Starting Member

Here are the go rhino bars on the otherwise factory Jimmy. no lift suspension nor body, and the factory 235/75r15 tires. I hope to get the body lift on and see how that goes before moving to the suspension. As you can see I am running the spare up front because I had a sidewall go out on the factory rim runner, so I am forced into tires sooner than I wanted. Trying to figure out what rims I can go with, cheap wagon wheel style, that will have back spacing to work..and seeing if I could massage the 33s I have on my jeep onto the Jimmy after lift(s) with my wheel adapters but sounding like I may be stuck with 31s.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:14 PM
Starting Member

I got the body lift done the other weekend. It really wasn't too bad at all. The instructions were lacking a bit in the picture department on the items that you have to unclip (brake line and wiring harness locations) but just run along the frame and you will find them. Other than that were just a few little differences in the bodywork between the Jimmy and the Blazer used instructions. 6-8 hours is a good estimate for the driveway work I would have been done in 6 easy if the below issue was mentioned before hand: (This is a Zone Offroad kit) they didn't mention is that their bumper relocation bracket will not work if you have the factory tow package. I ended up having to remove the factory tow package, order a curt aftermarket hitch to get it to work. They also mention in the instructions, but not before you buy on the site that you will need to trim the rear frame ends to get the bumper to fit. I opted to notch by bumper instead of messing with the frame which took my plasma cutter and a bit of extra time so allot for that time if you are using a cut off wheel or something like that.
And for the last hang up, having put on the nerf bars above, GoRhino, that came with extended body bolts to mount them 12-1.75 x140mm.. well with the body lift I now need even longer bolts which no one local had but Ace hardware oddly enough but they 1: only had two bolts of the four I needed 2: they wanted $7 per bolt... Forget that!
Ordered a package of 10 12-1.75x160mm and should have those hopefully within the week and will have pictures post body lift with the nerf bars one as well.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:20 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice work... I really like those rims...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nerf Bars 4 door 2" body lift