2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

neutral safety switch?

Old 12-03-2006, 07:06 PM
blazerssuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default neutral safety switch?

i have a 97 blazer, i hooked up a good battery. and i have no power to anything, no headlights, no interior lights, no anything. but the battery is for sure charged. does anyone know how to manually activate the neutral safety switch under the shifter boot? does this sound like a fuseable link problem? would that cause the car to get NO power at all?

Old 12-03-2006, 07:19 PM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: neutral safety switch?

if ur negative cable isnt grounded well it can cause a loss of complete power

Old 12-03-2006, 07:58 PM
EkStreem G is an unknown quantity at this point

lol... yo watch your language! It doesn't bother me, but an admin/mod. will warn you soon.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:59 PM

you helped a lot too

Old 12-03-2006, 08:11 PM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck getting any help now... troubleshooting is a step by step process.

Old 12-03-2006, 08:14 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt you will find anyone to help you even if they know exactly what is wrong...if you cannot be nice why should someone help you?

Old 12-03-2006, 10:07 PM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

apologize and i'll tell you if the neutral safety switch has anything to do with your problem...

Old 12-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. Somehow when I saw this thread and the screen name of the member who started it, I knew it was going to be a problem.

You do realize that there are MANY other grounds in the system, don't you...? What have you attempted to do to fix this? What have you checked? The neutral safety switch will only cause it to not start. It won't cut power to the entire vehicle. Have you verified power at various points in the electrical system?

Hopefully you have a faint grasp on diagnosis of electrical systems because you're going to need it.

With an attitude like you've got, go spend some of your hard earned $$$ on a dealer/mechanic to help you fix your problem. While you are there, maybe try talking to them that way and see how far it gets you. If it happens here again, you'll be on the short bus out of here.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:58 AM

I know the neutral safty switch is not the reason there is no power to anything, but I also no it is not working properly, and I know there are alot of grounds in the system and i cheaked everyone i know about. on wesday i am going to go print out a wiring schematic at my buddies shop for the truck so i will know for sure that i cheaked them all. Every wire/clip i unpluged or removed went back on in its origanal spot. i had everything marked and i went over everything i did at least 5 times by now. The story is my brother bough the truck for 500 bucks and the body is perfect, it just had a blown intake gasket, super easy to fix so i did that and now for some reason there is no power anywere. it is realy wierd, it had power befor i pulled the battery befor i started working on it, and now it does not.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
DCFluX is an unknown quantity at this point

As stupid as it sounds, was the battery ever hooked up backwards? Make sure you have the positive and negitave right. Then I would inspect the 175A Mega (R) Fuse located under the battery in the radiator support.

Happy hours testing...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: neutral safety switch?