2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

new blazer owner, two minor questions regarding my newest addition to my collection

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Beginning Member
bezerker is on a distinguished road
Default new blazer owner, two minor questions regarding my newest addition to my collection

Hello everyone! First time blazer owner here, chevy owner for ages though. Normally drive a 3rd gen F-body (Camaro), but wanted a truck for winter and as a daily driver. Since I'm in NY, didn't want a full sized pickup so I snagged a 2001 2 door LS 4x4 with the ZR-2 package. Beautiful car, bit heavy on the miles (155k), but runs beautifully no smoke or problems running wise.

However, two minor issues that I'm hoping someone can help with.

#1, since this is a 5 speed manual (yay!), I'm having some roughness with the clutch. I checked my fluid and I'm fine, but I'm thinking the clutch is near shot. It doesnt start grabbing until right near full release. Havn't checked if it's slipping in high gear yet, but didn't seem to drive abnormally. Also, feels a bit more difficult to press than my 89's clutch, which is surprising to me.

#2: When filling the gas tank, I noticed a puddle behind the car. Looks like it was leaking behind the car and dripping down from the shield under the gas tank. We shook the car around and drove and stopped and started suddenly etc, and no leaks that we could find, so I'm hoping it's just the filler tube is cracked, but do the 2001 blazers come with a plastic tank or is it a rustable metal? I'm assuming plastic but can never be sure. I've not had time to get it taken to a shop and put on a lift to check.

Aside from that, I'll use the search feature and try to find out if there's anything else I should look for on my purchase to be wary of.

Thanks!

Old 11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

do a search. both of those issues are very common. You will hav eplenty to read through fix wise.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Beginning Member

Ah even those are common problems. Excellent.

Thanks ABN!

Old 11-09-2009, 03:54 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

No Problems!
Here Read up on this and use it as a standard to judge the things you have noticed (or haven't found yet) against. It actually a pretty good complaint list, but it is LONG to trudge through Not many fixes listed there either. You will have to jump off and search when you find a problem. Enjoy.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Beginning Member

Yep, just found that via my search. So far as far as I can tell nothing's applied other than the gas tank thing maybe, but without getting the shield off I can't tell if its the tubes or if it's the tank itself with a hole in the top. Doesnt leak when we hit bumps or anything, only seemed to do it when filling so I'm assuming it's the tube but I'll find out this weekend.

However, i was unable to find anything regarding my clutch problem... some issues regarding stiffness, but nothing regarding the grab position.

Still searching, but was the hydraulic clutch on an 01 blazer adjustable at all? Will let ya know if my search comes up with anything.