2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 05:00 AM
Beginning Member
erobe387 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default turn signals

I have a 1997 chevy s10 blazer four door that just started this problem.I got off from work and started home and when I put on the turn signal their was no click from the flasher and no indicator in the dash for either side so when I got home I checked the fuse and it was ok so I went to the parts store and got a new one and put it in and that lasted about 2 days and know I have no turn signals again and the fuse is ok.Not sure what else to do for this any help would be nice.thanks alot

Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: turn signals

Have you tried changing your blinker fluid?

Questions:

1) what part did you replace exactly? You said the fuse was ok, so you went to the parts store and got a new one? A new what?
2) when the blinker did work, did it flash very quickly, or was everything completely normal?
2..a.) If it was all normal, you might want to consider replacing the relay.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is quite possible that the multifunction switch is the problem, but we definitely need more information on what exactly it was that you did to get it to work again.

And that blinker fluid is the best available!! Even better than the ACME synthetic!

Old 02-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Starting Member
SockJock is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of the Blazers did have issues with the turn signal multifuntion switch. I believe there was a factory TSB for this. The dealer may give you a copy of the TSB which would describe the problem and the solution. I'm not sure but there may have also been a silent recall on these too(meaning if a customer brings one in with this issue they would fix it for free but no public recall notice is issued)

Old 02-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry guys for the forgoten part that I replaced.I replaced the flasher for the turn signals and that allowed them to work for about two day.When you say the relay may be bad where would this be located.I plan on checking the wires for this sunday in my dads shop to see if their is a broken wire but dought that it will produce anything.I did goe out today and their is no clicking or indicator lights in the dash but all lights and indicators work fine with thefourwayflasher and parking lights work fine also.Is their any way to wire around this until I can get this fixed.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Beginning Member

When I did replace the flasher the turn signals worked fine like they use to.When I first noticed the temp outside was around 20 and no click and no lights but it warmed up to around 50 and the flasher would make one click sound and still no signals.Checked it today and still no signals and no click from the flasher and it is about 38 outside.THIS MAY NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT.But I have had the drivers door actuator to work and not work which is probably the latch is dirty this has been like that since I bought the blazer.I have tried to keep things up.I have started to get parts in stock at the house so that I will not have to run to the parts store to get them.So if the relay is the problem I will be able to get it fixed easy because I have then here.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

my vote-multifunction switch. jerry

Old 03-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Beginning Member
DVS Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is the turn signal relay located? It sounds like it clicks behind the vents above the radio....

Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly, in the early 2nd gens (95-97) the flasher unit located in the dash below the radio.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Beginning Member
DVS Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

If the relay was done then the hazards wouldn't work would they?

Quick Reply: turn signals