2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

P0102 and P0340

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: P0102 and P0340

Well... I am sorry... I do not know where I got +5V stuck in my head on the MAF, but I did just look up the wiring diagram and +12V is what you should have on this wire. Check continuity between the black/white wire to ground as well as on the red wire to the ENG 1 fuse.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member
piersbc is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is thered wire? I've only got yellow/black/pink on the MAF connector...
I checked continutiy on the black wire to ground and it is fine.
And where is the ENG 1 fuse located?? Thanks for your help too....my head is sore from the beating it against a brick wall...

Also...I noticed the camshaft position sensor wire only has 5v on it too with the keyon/engoff. And I sometimes get the P0340 error on it.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, wire color likely changed. The pink leads back to the PCM. The yellow should be the +12V wire. I really should look this up under your vehicle, but I am not at home at the moment so I do not have access to those wiring diagrams.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Beginning Member

I don't see a underhood fuse box on my 96. I don't know where to look for the pink wire 12v source.....Is there a chiltons or haynes or etc manual I could buy for my blazer that would show all the schematics and voltage for this kind of troubleshooting??
The camshaft sensor has 5v on it and the air intake sensor has 5v on it too....
I also tested the EGR motor which only had 5v to it. And the throttle position sensor has 5v to it.
The coil connector has 12v to it....and the sensor next to the tps sensor has 12v to it too????

Is there a voltage regulator or a selenoid that is out or failing somewhere????

Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
DlJr82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your pink wire is from eng fuse 5, a 20 amp fuse located on the Instrument panel fuse block on drivers side. Should have 12volts to the sensor. If you want I can load the wiring diagram to photobucket.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Here is the schematic:

Old 02-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Beginning Member

THANK YOU....You guys fixed it. I guess when the MAF sensor failed it took out the fuse too. So a new MAF and new fuse and it's purring like a kitten again.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Starting Member
Beckyj636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone used the Actron sensor tester to test the MAF ?? when enging is running I get two lights and increasing rps only get me one more light.

anyways hew is what i found w/ the Snap On auto meter

Ground is good
power(pink) wire is good 12 v w/key on
yellow wire +5v (w/key forward)
Yellow wire to vcm has continuity.

Sounds like the MAF is bad ?? you agree.

Piersbc , did you notice a reduction in fuel millage w/a bad MAF sensor?? and the fues removed.

Because I seem to get only lite 10 miles to the gallon. and the engine sees to run smooth.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Never heard of an Actron sensor tester... What is the frequency output from the MAF Sensor? And what are you driving?

Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Starting Member
Beckyj636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a 96 blazer . code 102

meter set to frequency X10 the red lead (meter) to the yellow wire(the maf) and the Black (from meter) to ground , engine running I get 274 so 27.4.

Last edited by Beckyj636; 05-26-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Quick Reply: P0102 and P0340