2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

P0410 I hate it.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:18 PM
blacktide47 is on a distinguished road
Question P0410 I hate it.

I've been dealing with this code for sometime. Had a new 2ndary Injection pump put in with an aftermarket snorkel so i know it wasnt pulling water in. Code comes back up since i knew it didnt pull water in. Went to the fuse and relay, the fuse was popped the 30A and the 10 was still intact replaced both anyway. Then i replaced the relay switch for the hell of it, mainly because i was tired of dealing with this problem. Meantime battery cables were obviously detached while replacing all those. After i finished that, i fire it up, and the SES light comes immediately back on. I don't know whether or not it reset, but it should have. I go to the OBD and i pull the same code, and immediately clear them thinking a drive cycle or two will resolve the issue. I did some fiddling around with starting it and when i turn the power on i listen through the snorkel and i cant hear anything, i go back turn the engine all the way on i hear the pump turn on for a few seconds then it switches off. So i know everything is working. However i was wanting to see the hose diagrams for this section so i can go through and inspect them to make sure there arent any issues there as well. Any suggestions or thoughts would greatly help? Might this be an Evap issue?

Old 12-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Starting Member
redneck44244 is on a distinguished road

so the pump is opperating fine now but its still throughing the code? right.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Starting Member
trucktom is on a distinguished road

its way easy. so pump and powers good, thats the hard part. there is a pump mounted vac solenoid, these get water in them, they are open to air on one end. u can power w 12, make sure it opens, u can blow through it w power and cant without. then the diaphram, that solenoid applies vac to open and let pumed air enter the manifolds. then follow the y, the two big hoses going to the manifolds, at the ends u will c a big black metal acorn looking thing on at each manifold. these are check valves, when pushed on by the exh pressure they stay closed, the pump overides them when on and pushes them open letting the raw air in to heat up the cats faster, this system is monitored for performance by both front 02 sensors, when the air system is on, extra air is read in the exh by the sensor outputs dropping, if not see by comp, then u get this code. i bet that solenoid is bad, ive only found at dealer, diaphram never seems to fail, now those check valves go bad, they stick open and the hot exh will flow and melt the rubber hoses off ,just look at them or if those hoses get hot when running there stuck open. if it keeps popping the 30 amp, then the motor is binding, has water froze in it, or has a short in circuit or windings. if u find water in any hoses then the pickup isnt cool or the check valves are bad letting exh moisture build up in hoses and pump. there is also a foam air filter in the pump, under the plastic cover, make sure a peice of tape or crap didnt get sucked in and block air from coming in or enough air. its all 12v and all easy, power up everything and see what air and vac goes through u will find your problem. oh also there is a vac supply hose coming from the engine going to the vac solenoid, make sure u have vacume first, if not follow up by engine oil dipstick, dummys work on truck and let this fall by exh manifold and melt it off. good luck hope u can understand my rant

Old 12-11-2011, 02:23 PM

Thanks for the info about that i was wondering where i could find a diagram of all that stuff so i know for sure where all that stuff is. Also i took it on a 50 mile test drive and like i said i reset the computer about halfway through the SES light came on blinked for about 5 or six seconds and then switched off is that a good sign?

Old 12-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Starting Member

um no not good... if it ever blinks, u have a bad missfire back out of it when this happens and get it fixed asap, no diagram i know of, its so easy take the plastic pan off below the radiator its all right there on pass side. just go by my description and u will see every component.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Hey thanks again i really appreciate the help i'll get it all checked out for sure.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Beginning Member
bernie11 is on a distinguished road

Trucktom what is the name of the solenoid you are talking about? You stated that you have to get it from the dealer. Thanks

Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Starting Member

i have no idea the proper name, it mounts on the pump itself has 1 2 wire plug and 2 1/8" vac lines. it looks exactly like this, the name of it doesnt make sense but im sure its the only part like this on the truck. gm usually charges me like 27 bucks.

Canister Purge Valve Solenoid | 2001 Chevrolet Blazer 4WD 6 Cylinders W 4.3L SFI | AutoZone.com

Old 05-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Beginning Member
bernie11 is on a distinguished road
Default check valves

These check valves have to be bad also because that plastic black T fitting has melted twice on me. Any trick on getting those check valves off?? Thanks Bernie11

Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Starting Member

melted lol oh yeah there bad. dont try and unscrew them, take the 2 10mm nuts off where the tube goes to the manifolds, put in a vise and heat then reverse, its the only way really, gm has the gaskets if u need them, never seen em aftermarket.

Quick Reply: P0410 I hate it.