2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

P1345 code but Blazer runs great!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Beginning Member
Nutty 99 Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default P1345 code but Blazer runs great!

After tackling a bad heater core and replacing it I am moving on to the next bug in this "new to me" 99 Blazer.

The MIL was on when I bought it. I knew it had some kind of issue so I threw my OBDII scanner on it and pulled up the P1345 code. I know this is related to the camshaft position sensor. The guy I bought it from said the dummy light has been on for two years as a result of this code but since it ran fine he never bothered to find out what was wrong. The odd thing is this Blazer runs great (only 110K on it) and is getting decent gas mileage. I just ran through my first tank of gas and averaged 17.5mpg. I asked him if he had ever had the distributor out of the engine for any reason and he said "no", so FWIW it's most likely not suffering from being a tooth off. Since I recently had to clean up a few grounds to solve some electrical problems I am suspect of a bad connection to the sensor plug or perhaps I may have a faulty camshaft position sensor. Like I said, it runs and idles great, has plenty of pep, and is getting pretty decent gas mileage. I am thinking if there were truly a problem with the distributor timing that it would either A) run too rich or B) run too lean. The mileage I am getting would imply to me that I'm definitely not running too rich. And it's my understanding that if an engine runs too lean then it will run hotter. The temp gauge runs right where it's supposed to. So I'm thinking bad sensor or just bad connection.

Has anyone run across this same kind of scenario where you get the P1345 code but the vehicle runs just fine? If so, what did you find or how did you resolve it? Is the camshaft position sensor a common failure on these vehicles? Or should I be looking at a bad distributor drive gear?

Any ideas or input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

P1345 - Crankshaft Position [CKP] Camshaft Position [CMP] Correlation

This code can set and not really impact driveability.

Here is also a quick search for "P1345".

Old 09-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Patrick Robbins is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Nutty 99 Blazer
After tackling a bad heater core and replacing it I am moving on to the next bug in this "new to me" 99 Blazer.

The MIL was on when I bought it. I knew it had some kind of issue so I threw my OBDII scanner on it and pulled up the P1345 code. I know this is related to the camshaft position sensor. The guy I bought it from said the dummy light has been on for two years as a result of this code but since it ran fine he never bothered to find out what was wrong. The odd thing is this Blazer runs great (only 110K on it) and is getting decent gas mileage. I just ran through my first tank of gas and averaged 17.5mpg. I asked him if he had ever had the distributor out of the engine for any reason and he said "no", so FWIW it's most likely not suffering from being a tooth off. Since I recently had to clean up a few grounds to solve some electrical problems I am suspect of a bad connection to the sensor plug or perhaps I may have a faulty camshaft position sensor. Like I said, it runs and idles great, has plenty of pep, and is getting pretty decent gas mileage. I am thinking if there were truly a problem with the distributor timing that it would either A) run too rich or B) run too lean. The mileage I am getting would imply to me that I'm definitely not running too rich. And it's my understanding that if an engine runs too lean then it will run hotter. The temp gauge runs right where it's supposed to. So I'm thinking bad sensor or just bad connection.

Has anyone run across this same kind of scenario where you get the P1345 code but the vehicle runs just fine? If so, what did you find or how did you resolve it? Is the camshaft position sensor a common failure on these vehicles? Or should I be looking at a bad distributor drive gear?

Any ideas or input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I have the same code on mine but I get really bad gas mileage and it seems to be running rich u think it cud be a tooth off I dnt know much bout wat was done to it be for I got it