2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Parts Online VS Parts direct from stores

Old 01-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parts Online VS Parts direct from stores

I went to advance auto part's website and it says "Our Price" and "Retail Price." Does this mean that the prices online are the same prices as in the stores?? Because say a part is retail of $100...then the "our price" is $70. Does this mean if you went to the store it will cost you $100, but if you bought it online its only $70?? I am a little confused about if the prices for the parts are the same online as they are in the stores?? If anyone know that the online prices are the same as the prices in the store i would like to know. Because i need new brake pads and rotors really bad!! Thanks for all the help!!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Parts Online VS Parts direct from stores

sometimes they will give you a discount if you eliminate the middle man so to speak.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:51 PM
Starting Member

so you think its cheaper just to go to the store and buy them there?? So they would not have to pay shipping and all of that. Buying direct always seems to be cheaper. But online it says "Our Price" and "Retail Price." now is the retail price what i would pay for them if i went to the store and tried to buy them? But online it says you can go to the store and pick them up after you placed an order online. I would think online price is the same as instore price. i dunno.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have always gotten the same price in store as online. In fact I'll usually order online and then go pick it up when all of the parts are in.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Starting Member

oh cool. Thats what i thought. Online price is the same as in the stores. Thank you very much. Are Raybestos brake pads really good pads and are the rotors from Raybestos good as well???...i got a price of $320 for all new pads and rotors all the way around.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As far as what is good or not, it depends on the 'grade' of pad/rotor. Raybestos has several grades. I wouldn't go with the cheapest.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Starting Member

Well, I am getting top of the line pads and rotors. Hope they last forever or at least 3 years i hope...thanks again

Old 02-01-2008, 04:06 AM
Starting Member
dBsound is an unknown quantity at this point

Just make SURE you buy LIFETIME warranty pads, with a Blazer!
On my old 1995 Blazer, which I finally dumped last May, I think I changed the pads 10-12 times, in EIGHT years.
Forty-five minutes of my time, every 9-10 months, but no out of pocket expense!

Old 02-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Starting Member

It says that they are limited lifetime warranty. So i went to the details and it says under normal wear if they do not last, i guess you get new ones, but if you have uneven wear or faulty calipers warranty does not apply. My calipers are fine and dont wear unevenly or anything, guess i am good then. Now lifetime, does this mean these brakes will last a long time, meaning lifetime of my car?? and if they don't i can get the same pads for free under warranty?? man i hate this stuff, oh well.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Under a lifetime warranty pads can be replaced (with normal wear) for free for as long as you have the vehicle!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parts Online VS Parts direct from stores