2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Pi$$ed with 97 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Beginning Member
skrapper is on a distinguished road
Default Pi$$ed with 97 blazer

i'm finished trying to figure this thing out. Back glass pops open when shifting in to park. It won't start when it's foggy or damp. Battery goes dead overnite. I put in a new ignition switch, new starter, new alternator. Today it left me stranded on my way to work. I missed a day so I could get a different vehicle. I bought a 01 Blazer. So when I get home I go to bring dead Blazer home. F'in thing starts right and I drive it home. WTF, don't get me wrong I love this thing. It's got 209,000 miles on it engine runs great when it runs. Its got to be electrical, but I'm done.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

actually your problem with the 97 might be very simple... I had this problem too. are your battery terminals tight? my negative one was a little loose and would act like it was dead at random times, tightened it and it works fine now

Old 03-21-2011, 07:32 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
actually your problem with the 97 might be very simple... I had this problem too. are your battery terminals tight? my negative one was a little loose and would act like it was dead at random times, tightened it and it works fine now
I had the same issue, and tightening the battery terminals fixed the problem.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Same thing happened to me once.

Tighten them up!

Might work.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

also make sure the positive terminal is spotless underneath.

no green fuzz allowed!

left me stranded once. couldn't even see the fuzz with that red plastic shield around the cable end.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Im used to the cadillac forums here, but have you tried pulling any DTC's? (I don't even know how to pull them on the Blazers yet) If you can't pull them, grab an OBD-II reader, list out your codes and see what comes up.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Beginning Member
skrapper is on a distinguished road

update: the other day it was nice out and i had some time so i decided to fix a problem with a stuck rear glass button. it was corroded so i took it right out. that fixed the hatch popping open issue and the battery drain.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Two birds, one stone! Can't complain about that! Good job!

*moving to 2nd Gen Tech*