2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Please Help! 98 Blazer o2 codes, Bout to drive it off a cliff

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:58 PM
dropwiser is on a distinguished road
Cool I will Check on it

I will check on it tonight. hmmm interesting.

Thanks

Old 03-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Default PettyFog was right

Well I have not confirmed it, but I did find a stupid kink in the hose to the fuel pump. When I looked the first time I hadn't dropped the tire, but saw two good lines and thought that was that. After dropping the tire I see there are 3 lines I was supposed to be seeing. Okay I'm dumb. Gonna fix this now and hope it solves my problems. Explains why when I was driving it sometimes it would cut on a bump or driveway hump. Good god man, I've done more to this Blazer now than I have done to my X in 8 years, almost as much as my ford. I'm tired of pretending I can be a mechanic, but I don't want to pay a mechanic.

Thanks for the advice bro!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Angry Problem 1 - Fixed....new problem now....$%^&!

Please Tell me if I should make this a new thread, or if there is a good thread i have missed about this:

Well I got fuel line on, it ran great for about 5 minutes then started backfiring, not wanting to accelerate, generally acting like a jerk, but it would only do this intermittently so I was at first thinking it was just bad gas or stuff got dislodged in replacing the hose. Check engine light came on again. Took it to local mechanic, read p1131, p1151, p1143, and I think another one. He is going to check power to downstream o2's the computer, the cat, the stuff I just don't feel like I could diagnose in my garage I am afraid it could be computer, because when I got the thing the computer did not have its case that it clips into, it was just chillin ontop of the rad. reservoir, and it didn't have it's hat (the business card sized cover with 2 screws on top). I got both of the missing items from the junkyard, but makes me wonder because this
problem went away for a few moments here and there.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Default my other fear is the Cat

If the cat(s) are gone, any suggestions on cheap fixes? Junkyard? Ebay? I'm no welder so maybe just let my mechanic figure it out from here, but I am seething, and the fact the dealer quoted me 1100 to not fix the problem still makes me mad, but I guess everyone has had it wrong at one point in time on this vehicle. Except pettyfog that is.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Wow, what a circus!

Key ON, engine OFF, fuel pump running: Fuel pressure at the service port next to the distributor must be 60psi to 66psi. The pressure must remain above 55psi for 10 minutes after the pump shuts off.

If the pressure is above 66psi when the pump is running, there are only two possibilities: Either the fuel pressure regulator is faulty, or the return fuel line is restricted somewhere between the regulator and the fuel tank.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 AM

Well A year later and I am back... hehe....check engine light and same codes have been going on intermitently for the last year, pretty sure we narrowed it down to the injectors I rebuilt, probably at least one is still bad, so I ordered the new aftermarket spider which should be coming any day now. As soon as I ordered it we lost axle, and dropped front diff, https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...eas-why-77628/ so will probably install the spider while finishing up the diff, and then see if it all works!
wish me luch this is more work than I have ever done on a car!