2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Please Help! a/c calibration for heater door

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Scooterewski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Help! a/c calibration for heater door

I think I may need to calibrate my a/c. I have the computer climate control and I have steady heat. I would like to try to calibrate first, the only problem is I tried the search and found how to do it....kind of....My first question is, Do I have to start the blazer, or just put it in the run position? #2 What position do the a/c controls have to be set on? Auto?> Please someone help me!! LOL!! It's hot as hell in FL!

Old 05-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Please Help! a/c calibration for heater door

Are you using the procedure I posted HERE?

If so, no you do not need to start the truck and it doesn't matter what the controls are set to. A loss of power to the HVAC control module will trigger a sensor/actuator test when power is restored.

Hopefully that will work for you.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:26 PM

Weeellll.......I guess I have to take the epensive route...... I have absolutely no movement at all from the actuator.I just bought a compressor, accumulator, orfice tube and rented a vacuum pump and still have no a/c!LOL! Good news is the compressor works like a champ and I have no leaks.....Do you know of a way to temporarily switch the blender door manually? It was 95 degrees here today.[:@]Thanks for the help!

P.S. we need some more firemen down here! Florida is burnin down! Have you seen?

Old 05-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you've seen THIS thread already...'

Remove the connector to the temperature actuator and test for +12V on the brown wire and +5V on the light blue/black wire. If you do not have +12V on the brown wire, check the HVAC 1 fuse (10A #21).

Old 05-17-2008, 02:53 PM

Thanks!!! I've been trying to find that thread since yesterday!! How do you keep track of all of this stuff??LOL! I'll try that out and then post up..Guess if it doesn't work I'm gonna have to move the door manually(if I can)

PS..For informational purposes, on my Blazer the two philips screws that are shown on your reference are 7/32 on mine which kinda helps me out a little...I think I can get at it w/out dropping the dash(If need be)