2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Problems, Problems, Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Beginning Member
upblazer95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems, Problems, Problems...

Alright guys dam, this blazer is giving me a headache but I love it still. Anyways, right now I am burning up Fuel Pump Relay's I have no idea why they are buring up but it will go through them like nothing and when u pulled them out they are chard on the bottom. But I went and ran a DTC and get a P0135 code, which is the 02 Sensor Heater Circuit malfunction, cleared that and havent gotten one back on yet. But the blazer is still spurting and stalling when driving it around town. Problem is the fuel pump in there is brand new and cost $900 for this idiot of a mechanic to do around here. Basically replaced the fuel pump because the mechanic didnt realize the relays were bad. But anyways now I am going through relays and want your opinion.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 04-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have a connection problem at the relay. An arching connection can cause the fuel pump relay to continually open and close which will quickly wear it out.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Beginning Member
upblazer95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well tomorrow I Am going to spray the connectors for the fuel pump relays with some crc and see if that corrects that problem. But I went ahead and replaced all the spark plugs except the one right behind the steering column, is there a good method to getting that one out, cause I will do that tomorrow in the morning. But it seems to be running better but is def missing on that one I do believe. Considering the plugs I pulled out today look to be the orginals from the factory I suspect. There were in pretty rough shape but no check engine light so far and drove it around all evening. Also it seems the stalling and spurting has stopped to a degree, every now and then it would spurt upon acceleration. But I dunno, any other ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

For the #3 plug, check out the article in the Tech Article (DIY) section.