2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

programming keyless entry fob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:20 PM
dusted800 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default programming keyless entry fob?

Can anyone tell me what the programming procedure is for a 95 blazer. I never got a fob when I purchased my blazer and have run the VIN and found out it does have keyless entry. I will be looking for a fob tomorrow at a local flea market and am looking for the procedure to program it. thanx. wnk

Old 11-04-2006, 09:10 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: programming keyless entry fob?

here ya go......

Do the following procedure whenever the Keyless Programming Connector is grounded, the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) is replaced, the Transmitter is replaced or a second Transmitter is added.

Jumper the Keyless Programming Connector to ground (all power door locks will lock and unlock).
Operate Transmitter by pressing a single button once (all power door locks will again lock and unlock).
To program for a second Portable Transmitter, operate Transmitter 2 by pressing a single button once. In order for programming to be complete, wait for the locks to fully cycle.
Disconnect Keyless Programming Connector Jumper after locks have finished cycling.
Verify that the Transmitter(s) operate Door Locks and Rear Liftgate Window Release.

The keyless entry programming connector is located near the RKE module.* It is a RED connector with two wires. The RKE module is located behind the LH hushpanel.

* OE does not provide an image location.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Beginning Member
socrplyr38 is an unknown quantity at this point

read all the posting on programming a remote on a 95 blazer but i have a problem..... i found the 2 connectors one blue and one blackand the rke box but i see the the red wire is on the blue connector and when i ground it with a 18 gauge wire nothing happens. when you mean grounding it or jumper it, in what way do you you do this. i could really use your help in this. plus diagrams would help me alot.

thanks

walt

Old 06-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is over 18 months old... I'll see what I can dig up for a wiring diagram.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Beginning Member
socrplyr38 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you. if i sounded a little rushed sorry. just trying to fix brothers remote and tailgate. which i can not open with dash button or key and not even remote. but did find the hole to manually open from inside that about it. now just looking to these to things and work on the interior lights and horn later on...

again that for everything.

walt