2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Pulling my hair out with dash install!!further than necessary due to the fact

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 PM
noyb72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pulling my hair out with dash install!!further than necessary due to the fact

Hi, absolutly brand new here.

Hoping someone can help.
Replaced my heater core on 2000 4 door LS (what a rediculous process.) I took it a little further than necessary due to the fact that I couldn't get the passenger side harness block to unbolt. So, after reinstalling the wiring harness and buttoning most everything up, I have a pass key failure (apparently this should be no big suprise.) I do have a few plugs not installed and I am hoping someone can tell me where they go.

1st: There are 2 plugs on the driverside upper corner of the dash at the windshield. I can't find anything to plug into those.
2nd: Under the dash up by the pedals there is a large black female plug with 2 rows of 8 sockets and a mounting hole on iether side, tape wrapped with that is a much smaller blue plug with 2 rows of female sockets.
3rd: In the middle of the harness (it comes out the steroe opening if stretched,) there is a medium size blue plug with a single row of female sockets.

Can anyone help? I can't find the wires theese atach to anywhere. Does anyone know wich wires from the steering colum are pass key wires?

Also, am alarm technician assures me that because my aftermarket alarm is not currently installed ( the controller although all the wiring is there,) there could be no effect on the pass key circuitry.

I apreciate all your help in advance, my full size milage is killing me.

Ron

Old 05-12-2008, 08:58 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Pulling my hair out with dash install!!further than necessary due to the fact

well the one near pedals may be the obd2 connection, this shouldnt connect to anything normally. As for dash on drivers side one may be speaker in dash and I dont know about that config buy many gms have the light for the alarm there.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Default RE: Pulling my hair out with dash install!!further than necessary due to the fact

I didn't even think of OBDII!!! That is exactly what that is. Still not sure about the rest. I have acounted for the lights and speakers.

Thanks

Ron

Old 05-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have access to a digital camera? If so, could you post some pictures of the connectors/locations you are concerned with?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:48 PM

Sure, thanks.

I'ts dark now, I'll take them tomorrow after work!!

Ron