2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

push button lifgate need help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:45 PM
filoblazer is on a distinguished road
Default push button lifgate need help ASAP

hi got a 01 blazer and today when i wanted to open the back it wont let me. when i press the button on the key it makes a noise but when i press the button on the liftgate it wont open same thing when i tried opening from the inside rear hatch button. you hear it that is unlock but wont open
Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this

Old 10-25-2009, 02:28 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I thought I could find the links to help our aussie neighbour solve her dilema but the links I found keep taking me back to the main page. I just seem to keep going in square circles. Images are not active either. I think the problem is the actuator in the tailgate but not sure about how to go about fixing it.

Kyle! Where are you mate! LOL We need your help.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:37 AM

ive seen the actuator when i press to unlock the lift gate you could see it slide left but still no go wont open
someone here should know how to fix it

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Hey guys, I thought I could find the links to help our aussie neighbour solve her dilema but the links I found keep taking me back to the main page. I just seem to keep going in square circles. Images are not active either. I think the problem is the actuator in the tailgate but not sure about how to go about fixing it.

Kyle! Where are you mate! LOL We need your help.
any suggestion on where i it fix? i cant fix it. would an auto electrician or lock smith could fix it?? btw in australia there is no dealership here to fix this problem

Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Some threads were mistakenly removed. We are waiting to see if they can be restored. Sorry for the inconvenience.

There should be a hole in the back panel that will allow you to fish around inside the tailgate and release the glass. If you cannot find the hole, then you will have to pull the top of the trim out and then try to release the glass. You may have to break the trim right at the screw in the center at the glass latch to get enough room.

Once you have the glass released, you will then be able to drop the tailgate down and remove the trim. From there you should be able to see the little blue arm that pulls on the glass latch. Replace the arm and you should be good to go.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:09 AM
terry s is on a distinguished road

You can release the glass from inside without the need to break anything. The problem is figuring out how to do it. I was able to have another Blazer that the glass would come up. With the glass up I could see what moved to release the latch. Then I went to the non working one and was able to release it with a bent coat hangar. The plastic piece is not available from GM. They sell you the whole actuator for about $80. You can get the plastic piece for about 3 dollars from NAPA. The part # is 735-5970 and it looks stronger than the original one.

Last edited by terry s; 10-26-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:25 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link I refer to if you have the tail gate version. Some of the images were lost when we switched to VBulletin format.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/article-submissions-discussions-47/how-fix-rear-window-actuator-i-e-rear-window-wont-open-12396/

Old 10-26-2009, 02:24 AM

the napa site is www.napa.com?? because i live here in australia might have to order one hope they ship it. havent gone to attempt to do it, for the third time spend nearly 3 hours to try to open it. i will let you guys know if i could open it
Originally Posted by terry s
You can release the glass from inside wintout the need to break anything. The problem is figuring out how to do it. I was able to have another Blazer that the glass would come up. With the glass up I could see what moved to release the latch. Then I went to the non working one and was able to release it with a bent coat hangar. The plastic piece is not available from GM. They sell you the whole actuator for about $80. You can get the plastic piece for about 3 dollars from NAPA. The part # is 735-5970 and it looks stronger than the original one.
i have found the hole got a coat hanger and fiddled around with it but still wont open. Is there away to open it? (like move it up or down)
Originally Posted by swartlkk
Some threads were mistakenly removed. We are waiting to see if they can be restored. Sorry for the inconvenience.

There should be a hole in the back panel that will allow you to fish around inside the tailgate and release the glass. If you cannot find the hole, then you will have to pull the top of the trim out and then try to release the glass. You may have to break the trim right at the screw in the center at the glass latch to get enough room.

Once you have the glass released, you will then be able to drop the tailgate down and remove the trim. From there you should be able to see the little blue arm that pulls on the glass latch. Replace the arm and you should be good to go.

Last edited by rriddle3; 10-26-2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You are going to have to fish around for awhile. If you can, try to look through the hole. You will be looking for a little blue arm and a goldish metal arm. The goldish metal arm is what you want to pull on.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:29 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Once you've established what you may need to order, try calling Bunce Motor Co. in Auckland. If they don't have it new they will almost certainly have it used.

I'll e-mail you their contact details for future reference. Certainly they'll be the first port of call for any RHD specific parts.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:08 AM

thank you so much ill just wait for you to send the details. i got someone to have a look at it tommorow. i gave up trying to open it
Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Once you've established what you may need to order, try calling Bunce Motor Co. in Auckland. If they don't have it new they will almost certainly have it used.

I'll e-mail you their contact details for future reference. Certainly they'll be the first port of call for any RHD specific parts.

Quick Reply: push button lifgate need help ASAP