2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

re: code P0102 (mass volume circuit input) I recall

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Beginning Member
ZR 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: code P0102 (mass volume circuit input) I recall

Hi there, need some help with an issue for the past 3+ years that has been on going. So 3+ plus years I ago I was in a somewhat rush to work and decided to punch the gas as I was going 60km (2200rpm approx) to 4000rpm all of sudden and my engine light popped on that cool morning 15'C. Ever since its been one big head ache for me, the engine light stayed on for the next 3-4 days to I imagine it resetted somehow. After this occurred for the 2nd time about 2-3 weeks after that I decided to bring it into the dealership which concluded my EGR valve had to be replaced at price of +$400 (also inquired at the time what happens if my engine light comes on after 3-4 days if it wasn't diagnosed properly, with an excuse that when they vehicle leaves the dealership the correct part was diagnosed and replaced, if something happens 2-3-4 days/months later it could be something totally different). So with the gut feeling I was gonna get screwed and waste paying for another diagnostic elsewhere I decided to go ahead with the repair. 1 month later my engine light comes on after I decide to punch the gas slightly (when I mean punch the gas, I do about 40km then bring the rpm to 4000-4500rpm suddenly), so rather thenpay for another $100 diagnostic I went to my buddy who had the code scanreader and he told me. My Blazer reads code P0102volume circuit input, now can somebody point me in the right direction as my engine light must have come on/off close to a 100x in the past 3yrs and its annoying the *(&^%&%*&^ )(*&@^%*# !!! out of me. Now I asked someone who claims to be technical about cars and told me it might be the mass air flow sensor that needs to be changed............thoughts/opinions will be appreciated
ZR 2

Old 12-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: re: code P0102 (mass volume circuit input) I recall

P0102 == Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

I would recommend you clean the MAF sensor and see how things go. You will have to remove and disassemble it, then VERY carefully clean the elements on the sensor with MAF specific cleaner. Here's a picture:

You can faintly see the elements I speak of. These elements should be whitish silver in color. First, attempt to clean them with just the stream from the aerosol can of cleaner. If that doesn't work, you may have to spray some cleaner into the cap and use a q-tip to clean the stubborn grime off, but this is where you have to be VERY careful as the elements are fragile.

Hope this helps!